Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So STUPID, I am NOT doing that!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

I have been estranged from my family for YEARS.

I left when I was 16 (now in my 30s) and it has been back and forth since.  The last year has been better. My mother suffered some health issues & I think she realized the issues that were there & finally apologized, sincerely.

However, some things still drive me nuts w/the rest of my family.

My aunt, she is a bit well crazy plus she things she knows everything.  She has NEVER had kids but always told my parents how to parent & is now trying to tell me how to parent.

Anyway, my mom went to breakfast w/them (I'm out of state) & my aunt bitched that she didn't get anything from me for Mother's Day.  I have NEVER gotten her anything, I get she is my Godmother but come on she is not a mother.  I feel no need, plus we are not religious.  So now my mother wants me to call my aunt & tell her "Happy Mother's Day."

I just can't do it, if she wanted to feel "special" on a day like today she should have had kids (no there is nothing medically wrong that she couldn't have kids).

Call me a bitch whatever but I just can't do it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM

BUMP

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

don't blame you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

I am not trying to be nasty but I just can not do it.  Just seems odd & wrong to me.  Plus she has never done anything "special" for me.  I mean if we were close & she had always been there for me, maybe stuck up for me & took me in when finding out about the abuse but nothing. 

So I just don't get it, she is not a mother.  My SIL is my DD's Godmother & we don't do anything special.  We don't call my husband's cousin on Father's Day to say "Happy Father's Day" to him just bc he is my DD's Godfather.  Just weird, heck hubby's family would think I need to be locked away if I did that.lol

Quoting mmtosam06:

don't blame you.

MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so stupid. I wouldn't do that either.

Eamihs
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same way about some of my family members, it's totally ridiculous and if they did want to celebrate Mother's Day they should have a child of they're own instead of tryna put me down and whatnot
starlight91
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not be the bigger person, say Happy Mothers Day and avoid the actual bullshit.. Refusing to do so is just continuing the problem & drama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Isn't it crazy?

I thought for sure I'd get people in here telling me I was being a bitch & should just shut up & do it, but yeah no not happening.

I considered it just to shut them up but no.  I use to never put my foot down w/my family & it was so frustrating.  Now for MY sanity I have to, kwim?!

Quoting Eamihs:

I feel the same way about some of my family members, it's totally ridiculous and if they did want to celebrate Mother's Day they should have a child of they're own instead of tryna put me down and whatnot

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Bc I am not saying that to someone who is NOT a mother, so ridiculous.

There is no drama, I'm not doing it end of story. 

Quoting starlight91:

Why not be the bigger person, say Happy Mothers Day and avoid the actual bullshit.. Refusing to do so is just continuing the problem & drama.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM

My children get Mother's Day cards for their Godmothers and we are not overly religious. I can't understand why you would make a big production out if this, unless you like family problems.

princeessville
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I wouldn't do it either
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)