Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I call the CPS on xh usband and the GF? UPDATE#1

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To make a long story short My xdh and I we have joint custody of the kids for right now,which during school they are with him and summer with me. Anyways he has his gf living with him and she miss treats the kids badly always talking down on them, always talking shit to them about me like offensive stuff. And the girls always talk back to her when the gf says shit about me to them. And the other day I guess the gf asked my 15 yo are you passing your classes and she said yes. So the gf tells my DD I hope you pass the school year if not I would kill myself if u were you if you don't pass..and this weekend at it was timebfor the kids to come to house I picked them up after school and the bitch comes to my car and starts cussing at me telling me tell your DD to make her bed before she leaves and I said Its my weekend now and Shea in the car and the bed can wait its not going anyways and I don't Luke the idea that the way you talk to my kids .. omg the crazy lady whent from calling me a bitch to a whore and everyone in the apartment came out side to see what's going on. So I left. And the girls tell me that her DD she's like 19 I think. I guess she's in a drug treatment and the gf told my.kids that when her DD gets out she's going to have her come after the girls to beat them up and she has told them this before about getting the DD after my kids ... my exdh is a fucking pussy he goes by whatever she says not the girls and yes she talk like that to the girls in front of him and he don't do shit about it. Like I said trying to make a ling story short but my question is can I call cps on them and what can I do to get full custody of my kids and is there a way a judge would talk to the kids to and hear the kids side of the story? ?? Im in Michigan if that helps.. oh yeah another thing they tell my kids that when they leave my house that they smell like n****rs BC my bf is black .. sorry so long thx for reading.

UPDATE#1
My oldest DD has been talking to someone is school about what's been happening and the school has called CPS and they came to the school to talk to my daughter and im pretty sure they went to speak with the rest of the kids. My DD gave her mine and my moms number and she hasn't called yet but im sure she will be calling me either later today or tomorrow. Im sure she will be talking to my ex and the gf too. My DD also told me that the cps ladies said that she will help us for the girls to live with me. That's why I wanted to have the cps involved so when I go to court she can back me up BC I know how the ex n gf will sit there lie so this way I can have them back me up and once I talk to cps I will mention to her to speak with their neighbors too. Ill update again once I have the cps contact me. And thank you to everyone with positive advice.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (81-89):
justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM
You should get to court asap and refuse to let your kids go back over there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I know but he would probably call the police and get me for kid knapping or something

Quoting luvem630:

I would mot even send them home. Go to court.

luvem630
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM
That's not how it works. The police won't do anything because its a family matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know but he would probably call the police and get me for kid knapping or something

Quoting luvem630:

I would mot even send them home. Go to court.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Well of course it is shameful treatment of a minor, there is no disagreement there, but, usually (and from what little information I have read about MI, as I am in a different state), psychological abuse needs to have a bit more behind it in way of a changed, observable behavior in a child. That doesn't mean that it isn't wrong, or harmful, just that, it tends to be more of a gray area when contrasted with physical/sexual abuse and/or neglect. 

I have the feeling that there is a large difference between the CPS hotline getting a call that says something like "Hello. My name is _____, and I am calling to report what I believe to be an instance of psychological abuse.  My child has come home from her father's and reported that her step mother has been telling her that she should kill herself if her grades are not above a B average, and that her step sister will physically assault her when she is released from rehab.  Since my daughter has told me these things, she has been having nightmares, and now she is highly anxious, withdrawn and scared to go to her father's house. I am concerned because I legally have to give her back to her father instead of allowing her to stay with me".  and.......this jumbled mess of a post that looks like the OP is searching for something to be pissy about (This is not my opinion on psychological abuse. I do believe that the step mother's behavior is inappropriate, but all we have is how the OP was worded, and the OP's replies to go on, everything else is just us filling in our own blanks). When questioned further, it appears, from her text,  that the father is the child's ally (so, she could report neglect on the father's part, as he is failing to protect the child -- but from what she said, it sounds like he steps in) instead of the "pussy" she stated he was and my concern would be that while CPS is trying to extract information about the situation, it would become less and less of a priority. 

As stated several times, this shouldn't stop someone from calling if they feel it is necessary, but, at this point, it doesn't sound like a CPS call that would get the attention she would want it to for the reasons she wants it to, and I personally believe that she would be better off keeping a record, calling her lawyer and getting something switched up ASAP.  

Quoting tomary:

Did you miss the part where the GF said to DD she should kill herself?? Or having her drug addict DD beat her up when she gets out of treatment ?? That is abuse AND threats! Absolutely horrible! My kids wouldn't be there for another minute with her sorry ass!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you tell me what you feel is specifically ABUSE here though? I mean, yeah, she might be off her rocker, or she could be unkind, or a crappy parent, but what is ABUSE?  Also, it sounds like your husband does intervene.

In your example, your daughter said she was sick, the woman spoke unkindly, and .....even if your daughter had the flu....could you tell me about how YOU would see this as ABUSE and not just craptacular parenting?

I only ask, because, you haven't mentioned something that is abuse, or just my personal IMO CPS worthy.  For sure worthwhile to bring up in a custody hearing, or worthwhile trying to get the paramaters of your custody changed, but CPS doesn't seem like the most logical path to getting what you want.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe my kids BC before she found out my kids had phones I told them to call me and not talk so I can hear what's going on at the house. That night my DD had a cold and her n xdh came home from grocery shopping I guess and she comes in my DD room and tells her get your ass up and help with the groceries and my DD tells her im sick I have a fever and shaking she tells her I don't give a shit get up n go help. The whole time my DD had the phone on her pocket and she tells her dad what just happened and he tells my DD its ok I know your sick go back to bed. Omg 2 min later I can hear the gf going off on him BC he let my DD to go back to bed. So I know my kids don't make up anything. Especially tonight. When he came to pick them I told him can u please get out of the car I need to talk to him and he would get out so I asked him again put I can see she was saying something to him. And my DD opens the door and says to me mom she wont let him come out and finely he comes out and the gf say go go talk to her that's fine. And before they took off she started saying something to me but I didn't understand her.she's nuts lol

Quoting Anonymous:

To me, what stands out, is that she isn't ideal, but it doesn't sound like you have a concrete issue to call on.  She is mean? She uses foul language? She is a bad step-parent? You don't like her? Her daughter made the choice to use drugs?  I mean, yeah, she sounds like a real peach, however, none of what you mentioned is abuse, it is crappy parenting, but not abuse. 

Also, a lot of this is hearsay from your kids who know that you are at odds with this woman, instead of something that you truly observed, with a lot of "I guess....".  

I would think that you would do better keeping a detailed record of observable behavior, concerns, and things that your kids have said, and using that during a custody hearing. 

codezo
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:47 PM
YES call cps asap. Let the kids tell them everything an u get a lawyer and get them way from that bitch
lilyrose842006
by Lily & Audrey's Mom on May. 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Learn to read, it says that when her DDs go back to the ex and gf's house that gets sais because OP's bf is black.

Quoting Anonymous:

Learn to spell. Oh and the nigg*rs comment was RIDICULOUS. Poor kids, getting bitc*ed at, at dads house and being taught to be prejudice at yours. DA FUQ is wrong with you guys?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on May. 14, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Get them in counseling. When you do go to court have the therapist speak. I did that. When they tried to order me to do it I already had a letter of testimony and it worked in my favor alot. So start by getting it on record. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

To make a long story short My xdh and I we have joint custody of the kids for right now,which during school they are with him and summer with me. Anyways he has his gf living with him and she miss treats the kids badly always talking down on them, always talking shit to them about me like offensive stuff. And the girls always talk back to her when the gf says shit about me to them. And the other day I guess the gf asked my 15 yo are you passing your classes and she said yes. So the gf tells my DD I hope you pass the school year if not I would kill myself if u were you if you don't pass..and this weekend at it was timebfor the kids to come to house I picked them up after school and the bitch comes to my car and starts cussing at me telling me tell your DD to make her bed before she leaves and I said Its my weekend now and Shea in the car and the bed can wait its not going anyways and I don't Luke the idea that the way you talk to my kids .. omg the crazy lady whent from calling me a bitch to a whore and everyone in the apartment came out side to see what's going on. So I left. And the girls tell me that her DD she's like 19 I think. I guess she's in a drug treatment and the gf told my.kids that when her DD gets out she's going to have her come after the girls to beat them up and she has told them this before about getting the DD after my kids ... my exdh is a fucking pussy he goes by whatever she says not the girls and yes she talk like that to the girls in front of him and he don't do shit about it. Like I said trying to make a ling story short but my question is can I call cps on them and what can I do to get full custody of my kids and is there a way a judge would talk to the kids to and hear the kids side of the story? ?? Im in Michigan if that helps.. oh yeah another thing they tell my kids that when they leave my house that they smell like n****rs BC my bf is black .. sorry so long thx for reading.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I have updated thank you.

Quoting codezo:

YES call cps asap. Let the kids tell them everything an u get a lawyer and get them way from that bitch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Get them in counseling. When you do go to court have the therapist speak. I did that. When they tried to order me to do it I already had a letter of testimony and it worked in my favor alot. So start by getting it on record. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN