Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your 2 year old DD BF's?????

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

A DD BF'ing a Baby DOll???

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little strange. 

I like how the mothers are like "it's cute...she imitating me....will it be cute when she is ten?

Are you explaining when it is ok to nurse or will she be at MCdonalds play land whippin her "breast" out to feed her "baby"

Why let a child act like it is pregant? What does she gain from that? She is way to young to even know what being pregant is about.

Letting her put the Doll to her breast? WHat is she gaining from that?

I know I am a sick sick person for even suggesting this is wierd, seriously I DO NOT GET IT and i think I am the only one who doesnt :(

Help me understand the benifits please? And has your child ever BF'd her doll in public?????

by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
doulala
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

You are over-thinking.

Children play because they are "trying things on."     They practice and experiment, they act out what they see, they invent, it's a phase.    
A child pretending to be a mommy is very common and normal.    Expected.     There are many benefits and it does NOT mean she (or he) will be doing this in 6 months or 6 years.     If they do then they do. 

In the end maybe just trust that children are generally harmless and you don't need to understand, just accept.

FreelanceMommy
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM
2 moms liked this

The same benefits a child gets out of any imitation type play... they play kitchen and learn to clean up and that cooking for your family is fun, they play with toy tools and learn that building things is rewarding, they play grocery store and learn what the foods are and learn about money... its no different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2013 at 3:14 AM

She is 2. She doesn't know what she's doing. She saw it, so she does it. Monkey see, monkey do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Yep. No big deal.

Quoting doulala:

You are over-thinking.

Children play because they are "trying things on."     They practice and experiment, they act out what they see, they invent, it's a phase.    
A child pretending to be a mommy is very common and normal.    Expected.     There are many benefits and it does NOT mean she (or he) will be doing this in 6 months or 6 years.     If they do then they do. 

In the end maybe just trust that children are generally harmless and you don't need to understand, just accept.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2013 at 3:16 AM
After my oldest saw me bf her brother she came in the room with a blanket over her. I asked what she was doing. She sat next to me and let me peek. Careful not to show daddy. She was bfing her baby doll. And she naturally was modest about it. In our house breasts are not sexual. Well to my husband they are but my kids don't know that. Yet they're still private. She saw me be pregnant with two babies. She plays house and she has pretended to be pregnant. But it really is age appropriate. She does. Of pretend to give birth. She doesn't pretend to have sex. She pretends to be a mommy like she has seen mommy do. Perfectly normal, natural, and healthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Unless it's sexual in nature, make believe is healthy, normal, and very important.
ACDC_fan
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:16 AM

WOW. 0_o

I used to hide dolls in my shirt as a little girl and pretended to be "pregnant". A lot of little girls like playing with their dolls as if they're the doll's mom. It's interesting, fun and you start learning little things on what to do with a baby.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with this. It is only natural- she is female, most have it in them to be motherly, even at young ages.

And kids are not stupid- are you kidding me? Small children can definitely understand the basics of what pregnancy is about. 

Sacha102
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:17 AM

My son done it when my 5 month old was born and he is 4. Didn't bother me, he is just a child. I did explain that's what mummy's do - but don't discourage role playing at all. He probably doesn't gain much out of it other then using his imagination. 

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Clearly you don't understand the benefits of imaginative role play for young children, such as playing house or pretending to be a chef in a play kitchen. This is no different than those activities.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN