Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Mom admited that I was her favorite out of all of the kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
My dad has 4 kids and my mom only had my little brother and I.

I was talking to my folks while my little brother was out and my mom commented on how I was the favorite out of all the kids because I actually have my life together. I married, own a home and I have my ds. You can tell she favors my ds over my sisters kids. This actually really bugs me. I really don't know what to say because I have a feeling that this is why my sister is royally pissed off at me right now and wont tell me why when I ask. (My sister with her dh and 4 kids along with her first grandchild all live with her real mom even though she is a good 10 years older than I am, they always have.)

I am starting to wonder if this is why my older siblings hate me and have pretty much for the last couple of years.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I told all my kids they were my favorite but then I told them to keep that a secret between them and I, lol.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Yeah my folks are not like that. I had a maybe thought that they might but to have it told to you. She did not even tell me to keep it a secret..
Quoting Anonymous:

I told all my kids they were my favorite but then I told them to keep that a secret between them and I, lol.  

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:02 AM

My dad once told me that out of all his kids,he had the most hopes for me and was the most proud of me. I liked hearing it,but at the same time,it made me feel uncomfortable because I just ket thinking about how hurt and upset my brothers and sisters would have been if they'd heard him say that :-(

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I feel bad for your sis then.  No wonder she's bitter.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah my folks are not like that. I had a maybe thought that they might but to have it told to you. She did not even tell me to keep it a secret..
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I agree but why be pissed off at me when I never asked for them to say it. We had a good relationship then one day she got royally pissed off and never told me why.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 3:05 AM
My big sister was my mom's favorite then in '02 my baby sis was born and became my mom's favorite. Then in '06 my big sis became my mom's favorite, agaiin. Now my mom's favorite, from '08 and for now on, is my little sister.

I was jealous for a long time until I turned 16 then I just didn't care.

I love my son SO much and NOTHING in the world will change that
NiCo86
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I love being the favorite!
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:07 AM
At least your the favorite. My sister is my dad's favorite and my brother is my mom's. It is hurtful and annoying. I only have one child and won't have anymore. If I did have more than one I would never tell any of them they are my favorite.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Well my older siblings still live at home with their mom at the age of 32 their families and my younger brother lives with my parents at the age of 20 still a drop out of high school. I am pretty much the only one that has moved out and stayed out.
Quoting ElizabethGracie:

My dad once told me that out of all his kids,he had the most hopes for me and was the most proud of me. I liked hearing it,but at the same time,it made me feel uncomfortable because I just ket thinking about how hurt and upset my brothers and sisters would have been if they'd heard him say that :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM
I only have my son too, but its more that we can only afford one child currently.
Quoting Anonymous:

My big sister was my mom's favorite then in '02 my baby sis was born and became my mom's favorite. Then in '06 my big sis became my mom's favorite, agaiin. Now my mom's favorite, from '08 and for now on, is my little sister.

I was jealous for a long time until I turned 16 then I just didn't care.

I love my son SO much and NOTHING in the world will change that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)