Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

prolife - prochoice. *added statement

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 72 Replies

Mobile Photo

So while on Facebook I saw a group that i follow posted a bunch of hypothetical questions. One being:

Mama's Uncensored
1 hour ago · 
What would you do?Your daughter has come home and told you she is pregnant. She is 14. Do you tell her she HAS to get an abortion/keep it or do you inform her on all the options and let her make the choice?(All hypothetical questions. Answer only the question)

I had seen alot of people state 'Id force her to get an abortion', and ignored the comments from a girl who appeared to be thing to fight with others.

So the screenshot above happened, (NOTE: I never stated my stance on the matter but she threw in her response. Assuming i was prolife)

So i thought Id bring it to the lovely CMers Lmao.

*** figured i would add this since a member has been questioning my presence in this thread.

When i posted this post it was 4:30am (my time) i was getting ready for work, i was commenting during that time. I live an hour away from work (5:30-6:30am) it is now 6:46am and my shift begins at 7:00am. I can not be on during my shift so I will be checking the replies on my lunch. Sorry I dont spend every second on here lol.

Also, all my posts are all under my screenname, i never use anon. So should you feel that I previously posted another thread under anon you would be wrong but if it makes you happy Ill comment on it to show i was not the op. Lmao.

by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YuppyMom
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM
3 moms liked this

At 14....I woud lay out the options:

1.  Abortion

2.  Adoption

3.  Keep, find your way to raise it, pay for expenses and finish school.  I will not raise the child.  I will not pay for all expenses.  I will not "babysit".  I will meet you half way on childcare costs.

Those are the choices.  Make one.

mattiehatter
by Mary on May. 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM
2 moms liked this
I need another sonic screwdriver.
surferlover
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm against abortion as a choice for myself, but I believe in a womens right to make that decision.  It should never be in the hands of a politician to have dominion over our bodies.  That just makes a slaves with no rights.  If it were my daughter, who is 15, I would allow her to make that decision for herself.  I wouldn't want her to abort, but if that was her choice I would support her, and secretly mourn the loss of my grandchild.  I'm not sure what that makes me, pro-choice for everyone else I guess.  I do believe a baby is worth more than that, and that it isn't just a fetus, or parasite or whatever these women on cm say, but that's my own feelings, and like i said, I could and never would abort, but that's my own personal choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I am pro-choice.  I do find it hypocritical to state I would force my child to get an abortion as it would take away her choice.  Current law agrees with me as I can't physically force my child to unwillingly abort.  I don't have a problem strongly encouraging, but no, I would never force.

twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:10 AM
3 moms liked this
I would help my daughter raise the baby even if it meant me paying for everything & raising the baby while my daughter got her life together-finished school,college,etc.i would not encourage an abortion-just my personal opinion-i know others would i & that's cool but just saying what I would do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 3:10 AM
3 moms liked this

First, this would be my daughter, and my "Grand-Baby".

Baby, Is not going anywhere, "DADDY, CAN "GO TO HELL" !!!!!

ninjakids
by Christina on May. 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM
That is why i tend to avoid saying what I am because because jump all over you either way. However we have a similar stance, Personally - you could say Im prolife towards myself... I couldnt see myself getting an abortion. However other people - its their choice, although I do not believe in using abortion as a birth control. So its a tricky matter lol.

However I would do the same as you, but if my sons got a girl pregnant, Id be heartbroken for them if they wanted to raise it and the girl got an abortion (which is still her choice) but Id make sure they stepped up if she kept it.

Then again my mother had me at 15, she once i had my first 'real' boyfriend she put me on bc incase i decided to have sex to ensure i was protected, but I know it was the right choice for her to do and had I have got pregnant shedbbe uset but leave the choice to me.

Quoting surferlover:

I'm against abortion as a choice for myself, but I believe in a womens right to make that decision.  It should never be in the hands of a politician to have dominion over our bodies.  That just makes a slaves with no rights.  If it were my daughter, who is 15, I would allow her to make that decision for herself.  I wouldn't want her to abort, but if that was her choice I would support her, and secretly mourn the loss of my grandchild.  I'm not sure what that makes me, pro-choice for everyone else I guess.  I do believe a baby is worth more than that, and that it isn't just a fetus, or parasite or whatever these women on cm say, but that's my own feelings, and like i said, I could and never would abort, but that's my own personal choice.

ninjakids
by Christina on May. 13, 2013 at 3:17 AM
That is what I was trying to say on the post, apparently the girl didnt understand what I meant lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am pro-choice.  I do find it hypocritical to state I would force my child to get an abortion as it would take away her choice.  Current law agrees with me as I can't physically force my child to unwillingly abort.  I don't have a problem strongly encouraging, but no, I would never force.

FreelanceMommy
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:22 AM

I'm pro-choice, and because of that I would tell her what all of her options are and what the consequences of each is and let her make her decision based on what she feels is best.

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this

While I would help her gather information and be there as a sounding board for her, I would never ever force my beliefs on my DSD. Neither would her father. Her mother on the other hand.... that would get ugly. If she decided to keep the baby (with or without the bio fathers involvement) we would support her 100%. Physically, emotionally, finacially. I would look after my grand child while she continues her schooling and works part time. I would help her on sleepless nights when she has a cranky teething baby, I would rejoice with her at every milestone. I have no doubt that she would be an excellent, attentive mother and her father and I would help her every step of the way. Because thats what Love does.... in this family anyway.

**Edit** Since I never said which way I lean on this subject. I am pro life for my own body and hope that others choose life but I am pro choice for everyone else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)