Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We have a new house guest!

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:19 AM
  • 42 Replies
3 moms liked this

Tonight while dh and I were hanging out in the garage ( man cave ) driving beer talking and watching tv we had a beautiful yellow lab come up.   We have seen here a few times the last few days which isn't uncommon seeing ransoms dogs.  We live in a country neighborhood and our own husky is one to wonder, even with an electric fence, although our husky only  goes between our house and my friends down the street ( and yes it isn't good but we have yet to find a way to keep her in our yard short of a cattle electric fence which just isn't good for dogs .) but anyway, this beautiful lab came up and was super friendly.  We fed her and it appeared that she hasn't eaten for a few days. She has a collar but only has a rabies tag which I believe it is from petsmart ( I will be calling in the am to find out even if she isn't here we took a picture)   I went inside for a little while and just came back out and she is still here sleeping next to my bar stool.   I hope we can find her owners she is a beautiful and well trained dog so we know someone has def spent time raising her.  However if we can't find her owners she def has a good home here.  She is now peacefully sleeping poor thing. 

Photot of her on page 2 

by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Awe so sweet. We are always findin people's dogs and returning them.
Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Aww, poor dog....
FreelanceMommy
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Maybe take her to a vet and see if she has a pet chip thy can scan and find out where she lives.

daisybaby91
by lipstick on May. 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
A dog followed me home one time, and I didn't have the heart to take him to the shelter so I kept him for the night, and took him to the vet at petsmart the next morning to see if he had a microchip and he did :) petsmart helped me contact his owner and get him back to where he belonged :)
Maybe your new guest has a chip?
Fields456
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I will if petsmart can't pull the tag up.  But I'm positive it's a petsmart tag because it is the same one the dog that was hit I front of our house last year this time that I too, in and paid $500 to have it down.   I just hope it's not the same owners,   They never reimbursed me the vet bills after finding them and saying they would. That will be totally awkward but regardless I do hope we can find the owners 

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

Maybe take her to a vet and see if she has a pet chip thy can scan and find out where she lives.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I couldn't take a stry to the shelter either.  I, almost positive this is a petsmart tag and if not I will take her to our vet to see if she has a tag.  If I have no luck and she hangs around she will have a home here until we find the owners or until she dies of old age which ever comes first,   

Quoting daisybaby91:

A dog followed me home one time, and I didn't have the heart to take him to the shelter so I kept him for the night, and took him to the vet at petsmart the next morning to see if he had a microchip and he did :) petsmart helped me contact his owner and get him back to where he belonged :)

Fields456
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I know! Ad she is so sweet!  Don't worry even if we can't find her owners we won't be taking her to a shelter she will just stay here until we do or she dies of old age and she is only maybe 3-4 so she has a long life 

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

Aww, poor dog....

MotherLady
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:33 AM
A friend of mine posted a similar story on Facebook today!
ElizabethGracie
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Post a picture!I love yellow Labs...I've had mine since I was a sophomore in college and he's the sweetest thing in the world...these days he spends his time being used a doggie jungle gym for my son :-)

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

IndigoRose
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Quoting Fields456:

I couldn't take a stry to the shelter either.  I, almost positive this is a petsmart tag and if not I will take her to our vet to see if she has a tag.  If I have no luck and she hangs around she will have a home here until we find the owners or until she dies of old age which ever comes first,   

Quoting daisybaby91:

Aww...  You're so nice.  Good luck with her.  I'm glad you'll adopt her if you can't find her owner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN