Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you even WANT to be a mother??? (vent)

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:50 AM
  • 28 Replies
OK, so I had a huge blow out argument with my god daughters mother (who is an in law..she's dhs aunt). This woman has gotten me on my last nerve. She used to date my best friend who is not her daughteS bio dad but he accepted her...loved her and considers her his own child. He financially and emotionally supports my god daughter and loves her unconditionally. Since my bf and the mom split she has seriously made some bad decisions. She began dating a man and within two months moved in with him. I began to not like this guy because he was really mean to my god daughter. He would yell at her all the time... if she tried to sit in his lap (she's two going on three yeara old) he would push her off. ,He refused to buy my god daughter clothes or pampers and demanded my bf buy everything for her. I get it..she's not your child...but she's living with you and in my eyes there's a level of responsibility one should assume when getting involved let alone live with someone who has a child. Necessities need to be bought and that's something that should've been expected when you moved in with the mom.

Three weeks after they moved in together, i noticed that my god daughter was being left at her grand mothers house for days on end. I found it odd because mom does not work nor go to school. Shes a SAHM, so why leave her so often. Then the grand mother told me that the mom asked if my god daughter can LIVE there because C doesnt want her. I was disgusted... youre going to give up your child because your bf doesnt want her???? I spoke to mom about it and told her that i couldnt understand why was she even considering it. Her child should come first. They broke up for a few weeks...but they are back together. C has my god daughter in day care ALL .day long...until six oclock at night while mom is literally sitting in the apartment all day long. He says its so they can go out to eat for lunch without my god daughter and then when they pick her up at six shes only in the way for two hrs. In the way????!! Seriously. Now today was mothers day, i called to go give mom a gift and she tells me, "oh im not home. Im at Cs apartment all weekend and i sent J (my god daughter) to my sisters." I flipped... do you even WANT to be a mom? Youre choosing this man over your child??? Wtf?!? She responds, "im doing whats best for me. It doesnt matter what you want..or what my daughter wants. Im going to be with C so she has to deal with it." ... shes two yrs old!!! Are you kidding me?? Her bday is later this month with a large party. Mom wanted us to pay for FOUR cakes. One large one and three side cakes totalling in almost three hundred dollars. I told mom that im not going to the party and will not pay for the cakes and i really need to distance myself from her. I lost all respect for her and i cant have someone i have no respect for in my life. i feel so sorry for my god daughter, i just cant have someone that would do that to their child around me. Ugh vent over.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mymanben
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM
How sad. My sister treated me to the Spa today and the 2 hours we were gone I missed my son like crazy
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on May. 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM
I appreciate you don't want to be around the mother, but don't cut yourself out. That child is going to need you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM

I got stuck in several places. Specifically when you mentioned that yourBF and Mom broke up. That's when I decided this was too much of an incoherent mess for a fuck to be given. 

marinenonstop
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:58 AM
You gave enough to bump the post..so thanks for that... and to clarify its my best friend and the mom..as in my god daughters mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

I got stuck in several places. Specifically when you mentioned that yourBF and Mom broke up. That's when I decided this was too much of an incoherent mess for a fuck to be given. 

marinenonstop
by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:02 AM
I get that, however the mom is the type of person to use her child as a pawn in her games. Any time she and my best friend get into an argument her immediate reaction is, "well then you can't see her. She's my daughter." She's done it to me in the past before also. We argued and she said, "well if you feel that way, you can't see my daughter." My response? "She's my god child...not my bio child. You're not hurting me by keeping her from ms...you're harming her. Way to go."

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

I appreciate you don't want to be around the mother, but don't cut yourself out. That child is going to need you.

marinenonstop
by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I'm a working mom and I go to school. I spend a lot of time away from my children and I always miss them. I spend every single moment I can with them. If I was a sahm..omg my children would be with me every day all day. I can't imagine pawning my children off on everyone, every chance I got..just for a man. I couldn't.

Quoting mymanben:

How sad. My sister treated me to the Spa today and the 2 hours we were gone I missed my son like crazy

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Smh. She's a dumbass. Wtf chooses to be with a man like that?
marinenonstop
by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Dude! I've spoken to you before about this.. I don't get it at all. I really don't. I just have to cut all ties with her. Dh told me to relay a message to her along the lines of if his cousin is not her priority then he wants nothing to do with her. What's sad is... she told my bf if that he couldn't go to the party because C doesn't want him there. I was blown away.

Quoting hautemama83:

Smh. She's a dumbass. Wtf chooses to be with a man like that?

mymanben
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Exactly! I have lost a lot of friends because I won't go out ALL the time without him. I don't want to! I don't mind going out now and than, but most the time I want to be with him. I'm a single mom, all he has is me. Plus they are only kids for so long and I don't want to miss his childhood. I spend most my time with him. He tells me "you're my best friend ever" he's 3

Quoting marinenonstop:

I'm a working mom and I go to school. I spend a lot of time away from my children and I always miss them. I spend every single moment I can with them. If I was a sahm..omg my children would be with me every day all day. I can't imagine pawning my children off on everyone, every chance I got..just for a man. I couldn't.

Quoting mymanben:

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on May. 13, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Id suggest asking your best friend/her ex to talk to her but I'm going to take a wild guess and say she's blocked him out too?
I'm actually going through something almost identical right now, but the girl involved is 14 so I can keep tabs on her through fb to check she's ok.
I know you have your own family to worry about but the only thing you can do is spend time with you god daughter when she's at the grandmas/sisters/whatever. But if her mum really feels that way its probably best she does give her away to family. It could become unsafe for a child at an age which is hard work to be in a home with 2 people who don't want her there. Especially when one isnt even related to her :/

Quoting marinenonstop:

I get that, however the mom is the type of person to use her child as a pawn in her games. Any time she and my best friend get into an argument her immediate reaction is, "well then you can't see her. She's my daughter." She's done it to me in the past before also. We argued and she said, "well if you feel that way, you can't see my daughter." My response? "She's my god child...not my bio child. You're not hurting me by keeping her from ms...you're harming her. Way to go."

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)