Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Quitting without notice. Just not showing up.

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:29 AM
  • 31 Replies
Have you ever done it? My neice (who is staying with us) Is not going into her scheduled shift Today. As a Business owner/operator, I know this is extremely stressful on the managers and workers. But, I kind of don't blame her. He's (the manager) an asshole. Like, all the time, even in front of customers, and TO customers. She is starting at a dental office soon, and they want her ASAP. I will give you an example of him, and I shit you not he gave her a written warning because of this (she brought a copy home) She pees when other people have to pee. Like her bladder is synced to theirs. LOL. He is a bit ridiculous. And money mysteriously goes missing sometimes, so, q is, have you ever just not went in, or is that something you'd NEVER do. Plus, she's 20 so I cant make her go in.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Nucking.Futs.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Bump
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on May. 13, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Honestly? Today I feel like not going in. But I have responsibility to my co workers & my boss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLah
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Yes I did when my boss was getting very sexual with all the girls. A bunch of us left in 1 week.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Her conduct shouldn't reflect his abilty to manage. It should reflect her character and willingness to do the right thing, even when it's hard.
she ought to at least call and let him know she quits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyStarLight
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Just walk in and say im done and thats it
Dont end bad
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I've had some really crappy bosses and I have never just not gone in.  Now, there was one boss who I may have walked out on if I'd lived at home but since I had an apartment to pay for, I acted like an adult and simply started my job search that day while continuing to work.

Icial
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Tell her to just call and say I quit,sorry bye! I wouldnt feel bad about not showing up for an asshole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2013 at 6:37 AM

she oughta at least call the place and let someone know she won't be there anymore

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 6:37 AM
If she has a job lined up but not for that specific day I'd say she should still go in until the day she's needed... Put in a notice of course... If the dental office doesn't work out forever then she'll have it in her job history that she abandoned her job with no notice... Not really a good look for a perspective employee candidate...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2013 at 6:40 AM
I have done that before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)