Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need advice, my 6 year old says she keeps peeing her pants.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Okay, here is the deal. My 6 year old daughter has been potty trained since she was 3 years old. She has never peed the bed, never had accidents. Here lately, she says she keeps peeing her pants. The thing is, it is not a lot of pee. It is more like a little wet spot in her panties. She is getting upset because she has to change her panties ever time it happens. I do know she likes to hold her pee until it is close to her peeing her pants because she hates to take time away from whatever she is doing to go pee. But this little wet spot in her panties is driving us both nuts. It happens maybe a few times a day and some days it doesn't. It happen this morning after she got dressed and she set and cried saying she is tired of this happening all the time. I do not know what to do, other than call her doctor.

Yes, I have asked her if she is being touched by anyone. Her answer was no, why do you ask? With this crazy look on her face. She does go to school all day long, there are no males in the house other than my husband who is never home because he is currently deployed. So, I do not beleive she is being touched.

So, what do you think this could be? help!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupcake_mom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM

does she get bubble baths? does she spend a lot of time in the bath? if so then she might have a UTI. my dd kept doing this after she was potty trained and thats what it ended up being. untill you can get her to a dr try giving her some cranberry juice, it will help clean out her system and showers

Mittenmommie
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Maybe a uti from not wiping good enough? Any diabetic family history?
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM

UTI maybe?  Take her to the doctor.  Until then, panty liners, maybe?

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on May. 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM
UTI.

And. .. I did this as a kid. Would sneeze and bam wet spot. I ended up having bladder surgery twice in the last two years to FINALLY correct it. She might just not be able to hold it.

But. .. definitely check the UTI route.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM
It sounds like a uti to me.
EAzizM
by Erica on May. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I started getting discharge when I was around that age...as does my 6 yr old sister now. Maybe invest in some liners.
Pnukey
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Has it gotten hot lately? Is she just sweating a lot? I think it's too young to be discharge, but you never know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM

No, she doesn't get bubble baths nor does she set in water. She gets a shower. I will try the cranberry juice.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

does she get bubble baths? does she spend a lot of time in the bath? if so then she might have a UTI. my dd kept doing this after she was potty trained and thats what it ended up being. untill you can get her to a dr try giving her some cranberry juice, it will help clean out her system and showers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM

bladder infection?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM

My brother is a diabetic.

Quoting Mittenmommie:

Maybe a uti from not wiping good enough? Any diabetic family history?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN