Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need advice, my 6 year old says she keeps peeing her pants.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay, here is the deal. My 6 year old daughter has been potty trained since she was 3 years old. She has never peed the bed, never had accidents. Here lately, she says she keeps peeing her pants. The thing is, it is not a lot of pee. It is more like a little wet spot in her panties. She is getting upset because she has to change her panties ever time it happens. I do know she likes to hold her pee until it is close to her peeing her pants because she hates to take time away from whatever she is doing to go pee. But this little wet spot in her panties is driving us both nuts. It happens maybe a few times a day and some days it doesn't. It happen this morning after she got dressed and she set and cried saying she is tired of this happening all the time. I do not know what to do, other than call her doctor.

Yes, I have asked her if she is being touched by anyone. Her answer was no, why do you ask? With this crazy look on her face. She does go to school all day long, there are no males in the house other than my husband who is never home because he is currently deployed. So, I do not beleive she is being touched.

So, what do you think this could be? help!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (11-16):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2013 at 8:11 AM

and tell her to nix the waiting to pee..it fosters a bladder infection

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM

No, it isn't hot here yet. However, I have noticed a little yellow in her panties. I was thinking it maybe dishcharge, but I would think she is too young for that as well.

Quoting Pnukey:

Has it gotten hot lately? Is she just sweating a lot? I think it's too young to be discharge, but you never know.

cupcake_mom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:13 AM

it could also be that she is holding her pee too long. my dd did that and it gave her an kidney infection. after that she never did it again. maybe when she is home you can try to make her go potty more often too along with the juice. if she is any good at taking pills they make cranberry pills too

Quoting Anonymous:

No, she doesn't get bubble baths nor does she set in water. She gets a shower. I will try the cranberry juice.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

does she get bubble baths? does she spend a lot of time in the bath? if so then she might have a UTI. my dd kept doing this after she was potty trained and thats what it ended up being. untill you can get her to a dr try giving her some cranberry juice, it will help clean out her system and showers

Mittenmommie
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I would take her in. Sounds like a uti maybe but that's how my grandma figured out my mom was diabetic when she was younger. She started having accidents. I think the doc is your best bet

Quoting Anonymous:

My brother is a diabetic.

Quoting Mittenmommie:

Maybe a uti from not wiping good enough? Any diabetic family history?

cupcake_mom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:15 AM

my oldest is 6 too any has this. i found it smells like pee. so maybe she isnt wiping well enough. i have to get on my dd all the time about wiping. i might go get those kids flushable wipes for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, it isn't hot here yet. However, I have noticed a little yellow in her panties. I was thinking it maybe dishcharge, but I would think she is too young for that as well.

Quoting Pnukey:

Has it gotten hot lately? Is she just sweating a lot? I think it's too young to be discharge, but you never know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Sounds like a uti to me too, I got them all the time as a kid and didn't really have symptoms other than having little "accidents" unless it got bad enough and spread up to my kidneys. Take her to a Dr and have them check.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN