Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it wrong to have male friends?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My stbx husband moved out about three months ago. I filed for divorce about a month and a half ago.

I went out with my sister a couple weeks back and (see if u can follow this one lol) her friends bosses boyfriends friend was really cool. Totally someone I hang out with. Defiantly not the type of guy Id date at all so it'd be a friendship. I wouldn't be pursuing anything. But I ran into him the other day with my mom and my two kids and talked to him briefly and after I left my mom asked who he was. So I told her. And she just kinda rolled her eyes and says "moving on already huh?" Which I'm not! I'm not ready for that. But I don't have any friends, thanks to my controlling ex, and idk really how to meet ppl anymore. He told me he's helping out at the fair this coming weekend and that he "wouldn't be upset" if I came and visited with him cuz he's sure he will be bored.

Is it wrong to have a male friend? Should I just not even talk to him and start a friendship and just let it go?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM

My best friend is a man. I see nothing wrong with having a male friend.

hddcooper
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Nothing at all wrong with male friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockgal81
by Steph on May. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Go for it! My best friend is a guy, so I see no problems with it. Just make it clear to him that you just want to be friends. Have fun!! :)
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. Especially since you are actually filed for divorce. I'd be more cautious if I were married. You have to worry about the friend developing romantic feelings either way, but it could cause tension if you're married.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Thanks ladies. I'm just not sure what's "acceptable" on my part. Especially going through the divorce. I know going out isn't a super fantastic idea but ex takes the boys eewe and I can't sit at home in the quiet. It hurts too much and is too quiet. I haven't adjusted to that yet so I've been going out with my sister and her friends. It'd be nice to have a friend my age that I could go hang out with when my kids are with their dad.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I can't understand it. But there Is certainly nothing "wrong" with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
There's nothing wrong with it. There wouldn't be anything wrong with it if you were married either. Its about maturity and understanding the roles people play.
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM

NO i got male friends I treat them like brothers not like boyfriend material.

stepperbepper
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM
No, girls are bitches! Lol
supercarp
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Of course you can be friends with men. I have many friends who are male. Your mom is jealous; really stupid emotion to have about your own daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN