Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you get a Mother's Day gift from your ex?

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 99 Replies
My ex didn't give our son anything to give me on Mother's Day. Every year from the time our ds was born, he help ds get a gift for me. This year my dh help the kids with the gift. My ex just made himself look bad and ruined a tradition. I asked him about it and he apologized and said he's going to get me a gift card but that won't fix it. I'm going to be a better person and still get him a Father's Day gift from our ds.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh lord do you ever stop? No, my ex-husband doesn't get me a gift. It's not up to him to make me feel good on Mother's Day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM
4 moms liked this
Why would you ask him about it? That is tacky as hell.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I'm talking about on behalf of your kids, if they're young

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh lord do you ever stop? No, my ex-husband doesn't get me a gift. It's not up to him to make me feel good on Mother's Day.
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, it's not his job anymore. That's why he's your ex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Things change when you get divorced it's time to move on.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I'm talking about on behalf of your kids, if they're young

Quoting Anonymous:

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I wanted to know why... I don't want the gift card but I would love for the tradition to continue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you ask him about it? That is tacky as hell.
momofamamasboy
by Andy on May. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM
No. It would be awkward as hell. I got a happy Mother's Day, thank you for our son. I don't get him anything for Father's Day or his birthday. DS makes stuff at school and that's what I get and that's what his dad gets. It's not his job or my job to do gifts. It shouldn't be ex's job to get you anything.
momof6nokc
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

My ex didn't give our son anything to give me on Mother's Day. Every year from the time our ds was born, he help ds get a gift for me. This year my dh help the kids with the gift. My ex just made himself look bad and ruined a tradition. I asked him about it and he apologized and said he's going to get me a gift card but that won't fix it. I'm going to be a better person and still get him a Father's Day gift from our ds.

Why does your ex need to do it if your husband is taking care of it?

When my ex was single then I made sure the kids had a gift to give him for Father's Day, birthday, etc. But when he was married then it was time for his WIFE to handle it. 

I'm really not understanding your issue---your children had a gift to give their mother for Mother's Day.  That's what matters, right?

**Just call me Stuart**

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM

if you wanted that tradition, you should have stayed married to him.  imo 

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM
That's probably what he was thinking but it doesn't look good on his part. Ds will always be his son.

Quoting WillsMOM72:

Wow, it's not his job anymore. That's why he's your ex.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured