Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vaccinate or else your a horrible mother. EDIT*

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 143 Replies
2 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Do you vaccinate or not? A little or a lot?....do you get the extra vaccination shots? Smallpox? HPV? Yellow fever/Typhoid/Rabies, Meningococcal Meningitis????

Options:

yes....all of them

no...none at all

some...i pick and choose

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 151

View Results

Vaccinate or else you are neglecting your child.

Really? Please, people lived forever (as in had lived out their natural lives) before the science...

My kids get the shots that are required for school. No more, no less.

For those who say you don't have to for school...um where because in the two states i have lived in they won't enroll my kids with out showing they are up to date on shots.(I have never qualified for the exemption and I am smart enough to ask ty, however its not as easy for some as it seems to be for others.)

It is becoming widely known that immunization shots can cause minor to major side effects, from a rash to autism to death. Knowledgeable parents are concerned about the health of their small children, and in an attempt to do what they feel is best for the child are breaking state laws and becoming criminals. The Child Protective Services are legally overstepping God's law and removing the parent's rights and/or children in false cases of criminal child medical neglect.

Not only is there concerns about the mercury involved, there is legitimate worries about the live viruses themselves and especially in the case of MMR- a single vaccination with three types of live viruses- Measles, Mumps and Rubella. The horror stories about what can happen is not a myth, as the National Vaccine Information Center can tell you.

The Children Services Agency was supposedly birthed to 'save' all the children that are being hurt by uncaring parents. So here is the big question- why are Children Services abusing the caring parents that are concerned about immunization effects? Because the state laws allow them too.

In the 'land of the free', the United States, all fifty states have mandatory immunization laws. Although every state has at least one exemption, the rules regarding those exemptions are strict and sometimes impossible to meet.

Medical exemptions can be obtained by a medical doctor, and must be reviewed by the state health officials before exemption permission can be granted to the parents. There is two problems with this. One- the CDC has severely strict guidelines that must be met. Two- medical doctors are becoming weary of writing the exemption due to possible career tribulations in the future by investigations from state health and education officials. Yea- I said education officials!

Almost every state provides religious belief exemptions, but this does not mean that the exemption is any easier to get. The parents must hold personal religious beliefs that conflict with taking the vaccinations, but does not have to belong to specific religions. In about a third of the country, a parent can object to vaccinations on personal or philosophical beliefs.

Despite the CDC's claim that the vaccinations are safe, there is a National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program to monetarily compensate those adversely affected by vaccines. However, the system is set up so that the government decides for itself who it will and won't pay.

However , the government does not seem to like people choosing what goes into their children's body. The Children Services are being called in by hospital staff and others in authority on parents that refuse to vaccinate for the crime of medical neglect. This is the same Children Services that frequently removes children permanently from their home with the flimsiest of excuses or evidence.

Medical neglect? How can it be neglectful to weigh the risks and find that the risk of infection is less hazardous? Monopolizing the citizens' health should be the crime, not alleged child medical neglect

by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angevil53
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Lol @ for ever...no, just no. But it's not due to vaccines necessarily either.
TrouserMouse
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
People lived forever?
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Irene Cara said she's going to live forever and learn how to fly. It can happen.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

People lived forever?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz132
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

BUMP!

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM
5 moms liked this

You don't need shots to go to school.

My kids are vaccine free. They're 8, 6 and 1.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
3 moms liked this

If I could go back in time... I could live FOREVER! Yes! :)

TrouserMouse
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Some states are assholes about it.

Quoting danie24:

You don't need shots to go to school.

My kids are vaccine free. They're 8, 6 and 1.

TrouserMouse
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Fame!

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Irene Cara said she's going to live forever and learn how to fly. It can happen.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

People lived forever?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM
3 moms liked this

my kids are vaccinated on schedule.  and I just have to LMAO at the "people lived forever (ONE WORD, NOT TWO) before science (not THE science, just science)

people died all the time from diseases that are all but eradicated thanks to vaccines.  I think people who do not get their kids vaccinated are stupid.  that's my opinion.  I am not talking about people who space them out but people who refuse to give any vaccinations

PTBAAMom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)