Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have to go on food stamps =(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

This sucks royally. We just moved... my husband had a job all lined up in our new state. Got here, it fell through because the woman at the agency just cut contact. Okay, whatever. We live in a city, he found something pretty quick with his friend.

Little did we know, this job was under the table. He was just dealing with it until he can find something better and legal. (It's only been 2-3 weeks). The boss just let him go for no reason last night and he's refusing to pay him a week and a half of pay--almost 1,500 dollars.

My husband has been up since 3 yesterday afternoon, fired at 2, and home filling out applications all morning =( 

This seriously sucks. I don't know what else to do until he gets a job again though. Pregnant with our 3rd baby, due soon, and now this. Ugh!

Apparently what happened with the job is my husband "threatened an employee's life" LOL He's not that type of guy at all. I don't understand. He doesn't even really work with anyone else.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hddcooper
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
That sucks!! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoxStetz
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Do what you have to do to feed your kids.  I hope DH finds a good job soon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Tell him to threaten the guy he worked for that he will turn him in if he's not paid
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yeah, I just had to apply for fs too. My husband lost his job, and hasn't found a new one yet, and my pay is all there is at the moment. It sucks. Then there are people who believe that we enjoy being on PA, because we're lazy....

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

do what you have to do. Gl and I hope he gets something soon. hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I'm going to call anonymously anyway. If we get that money, or after a certain amount of time. I was encouraging him to find a new job since he found it was under the table... he's been looking, but not like looking like our lives depend on it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell him to threaten the guy he worked for that he will turn him in if he's not paid

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Yep we just got fs. We should have got it last year.. But we waited until we could wait no longer. What state do you live in?
firespurity
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
It happens, and that's why the system exists. Do what it takes to improve your life. I hope this round of bad luck ends shortly. Good luck
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Good luck ((hugs))
jojo_star
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I'm sorry :( Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)