Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate my job so much that it's affecting me physically

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

When I'm not at work, I'm fine. I feel great. But lately, as soon as I sit down at my desk at work, I have bad headaches and body aches. I also am so sleepy all day long. It takes all the self control I have to keep my eyes open. I take meds all day and they don't touch it. I even have chills. When I'm on lunch, I'm fine again. Then I get back to my desk and I feel like crap all over again. I already dislike the general public, but with the way I feel, every time someone walks up and every time the phone rings, I dislike them even more.

Unfortunately quitting is not an option right now. But I had no idea a job could do this to me. I've never experienced anything like this.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

The only thing you can do is look for a new job, while you're currently employed. It should be easier than if you were unemployed.

Pnukey
by Jenn on May. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

DH is going through something similar right now too. He's actively looking for a new job. No job is worth your health.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Look for a new job ASAP!  Seriously, I hated a job so much once that I would get physically ill when I was there.  It was horrible! 

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I think we've all had jobs like that! LOL I know I did. I mean I would dread going to work everyday.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Look for a new job ASAP!  Seriously, I hated a job so much once that I would get physically ill when I was there.  It was horrible! 

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  OMG it was more than dread.  I would get physically ill - headaches, back aches, nausea...the whole nine!  I walked away after 6 months because it wasn't worth it to me - even with the free cable I was getting. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

I think we've all had jobs like that! LOL I know I did. I mean I would dread going to work everyday.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

lilbit53009
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM

i'm starting to feel the same way. my job description has changed due to some reorganization my company has done. i'm getting to work later and later everyday and i absolutely hate it.

i keep saying i'm going to look for a new job, but i just haven't found the time outside of work....one of these days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)