Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Employment Advice

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm not currently employed. I just finished school and I'm waiting to graduate with my Bachelor's in Management w/ a concentration in Human Resources on May 18th. However, my husband is in the Army and we're supposed to be moving to North Carolina in October-- so I'm currently debating whether or not I should start working now or wait until we move. We are pretty comfortable financially, so I dont really need to work for that purpose. However, I'm afraid that if I stay out of work too long-- it wont make me very marketable in the job market once I decide to work when we move. Contrarily, I feel like it will reflect poorly if I get a job only to leave it in a few months. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Follow me on Instagram @aaliyahsmom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I would wait until you moved.
stepperbepper
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I would wait. You can explain the gap on your interviews
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM

It's totally up to you, I'd wait.

illinoismommy83
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Get a summer internship for experience. Then when you move you can tell your future employers about your summer internship in your field.

JenW777
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I feel you.  I just graduated Friday and was planning on going to NC in June.  I've been feeling out the job situation down there because I can't find anything with a decent wage in Oh, and I've already gotten calls for interviews!

Maybe you can work part time until you move or volunteer somewhere in your field to gain experience?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)