Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are your kids allowed to curse around you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 252 Replies

One of my 13yo's friends called her yesterday. During the call, she said to her mom, "I'll be there in a damned minute! Leave me the hell alone!" loudly enough on the phone that I could hear it from across the room. Apparently, my daughter explained, the girl's mom lets her kids curse all they like, as long as they aren't calling each other names. What do you think about this? Would you let YOUR kids curse like that?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AF2011
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM
No, no I wouldn't. My daughter will have respect for me no matter what age she is. I would get my ass beat if I cussed at my mom and I'm 22.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

No.

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Fuck no.
ShellLea
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids would lose teeth if they talked to me like that. 

stepperbepper
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM
3 moms liked this

um, no..i am 37 and still don't swear in front of my parents

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM
13 moms liked this

My kids can curse around me, but not at me. There's a big difference.

chane_L
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

umm if any of my children including my 19yr old dared to speak to me like that , they better hope i don't catch them. 

the cursing is 1 thing the absolute disrespectful behavior is what gets my blood boiling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, dear. Not like that.

I do allowed my nine year old to call kids in his class shitheads. He has some really rotten ones that had been picking on him. It allowed him to get out his frustration and even look at them with humor when he can come home and say, "and then that shithead told me my hair was too red." He knows he can't say it at school or to other people. We've known some of these kids since they were two (yeah small towns  ;-/  ) and they really are shitheads.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Well those aren't curse words but no they aren't "allowed" to curse but they do flub up at times.

Quoting Anonymous:

One of my 13yo's friends called her yesterday. During the call, she said to her mom, "I'll be there in a damned minute! Leave me the hell alone!" loudly enough on the phone that I could hear it from across the room. Apparently, my daughter explained, the girl's mom lets her kids curse all they like, as long as they aren't calling each other names. What do you think about this? Would you let YOUR kids curse like that?

Jessy76
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Not like that. That is not just cursing that is simply disrespectful behavior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN