Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH flunked out of college....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
He has lost his financial aid after two semesters of school because he failed English and Chemistry twice. We are appealing the aid decision, but he did not do his online assignments for Chemistry and only took the tests and he did not do any of his English papers this semester or last semester, He told me both semesters that he had all A's and a B in English 101. He told me last semester that he was retaking English because he got a C his first semester in. I found his grades and then asked to see his individual grades on blackboard. He got A's on his tests in his easy classes, and from what I can tell, he did not study in physics at all because he failed a lot of those tests. He says he tried, but from what I can tell he just did not pit the work in. I majored in English the first time I went to college and offered to help him, but he just told me all semester that he was doing fine. I do not understand... we are now left in a spot where we have been served a pay or quit notice from our landlord, and if he does not get his aid back we may be evicted. He does not even seem to understand how serious this is...
He says he has paper writing anxiety and he was too ashamed to tell me. Is it possible to have paper writing anxiety so badly that you just do not do your homework? I want to know what the heck he was doing all semester instead.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I would be PISSED

ssocalgirl6
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM
6 moms liked this
I would quit wasting time and just decide college is not for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Uh...I would be livid! I don't know what to say...I'm sorry.That's just really irresponsible of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow. What a loser.
blessed107
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Were you all using his aid to pay your rent? Do you work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this
English 101 is basically a refresher course for high school English. He might want to think about a vocational career.

He sounds like a lazy student who is making excuses.
LaughingTattoo
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Id be beyond pissed

He doesnt suffer anxiety, hes a victim of his own laziness

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Do you have a job? Might be worth looking into getting one so you don't get evicted.
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Sounds like he was just lazy.
OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I don't think he has a good excuse to fail those classes. If you are lost or confused, you can always email your professor and try to get help or feed back. What school is it that he is attending? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN