Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sahm going back to work

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you go back to work for a while to get over the hump? Or stay at home and just continue to budget and save when you can?

Options:

Go to work

Stay at home and deal

Other.. Explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

So I've been a sahm for 4.5 years now.. My youngest is 9 months old and I'm thinking of going back to work full time for a while. It's not that we NEED the money but we could finish getting out of debt sooner and get a cushion so we could rent a bigger house and still pay our house note if our house doesn't get rented or sold right away.
I hate the thought of leaving my son at 9 months but I can tell my husband is stressed and if I can help by working for a few months then why wouldn't I?
My mom basically informed me that I'm being a bad mother by going to work, that I need to sacrifice more, that my kids are the most important (obviously). She just made me feel awful about wanting to make a little more money, like I was a bad mom for not wanting my husband to be stressed and getting out of debt faster.
What do you ladies think? I've pretty much already made my decision so I'm just curious as to what others would do.
Oh and I do bf but I can pump and he eats food for dinner so he would only miss like 2 feedings and get 2 bottles instead of actually nursing
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM

If that's what you want to do, go for it

I had to get a job after staying home for 2 years because xh left

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Bump
PhoenixV
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM

You could get a part-time job. That way you're still contributing financially, and you don't leave the kids for as long.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I want to do it.. Just waiting to hear if my mil is available for a couple hours each day.. I just feel bad about leaving my youngest but this would ease the stress in the house and make for a happier house in the end. Plus it would be permanent at all

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM
If I don't get the job I want I'll do part time.. But the one I'm looking at is 3-11 so they would only be watched for 2 hours or less before my hubby got home, and only 4 and 5 hours till they are in bed so I wouldn't miss much of their day

Quoting PhoenixV:

You could get a part-time job. That way you're still contributing financially, and you don't leave the kids for as long.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM
That would be nice if she agreed to. My family has been free babysitters for the last 2 years. I'm sooooo thankful for them
Quoting Cbreland07:

I want to do it.. Just waiting to hear if my mil is available for a couple hours each day.. I just feel bad about leaving my youngest but this would ease the stress in the house and make for a happier house in the end. Plus it would be permanent at all

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

We dance around the living room to classic rock
We play patty-cake with his feet
We're sillier than Spongebob & Patrick
We go together like PB & J
We're mother and son
And we're so cool, we make ice cubes jealous
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Yeah.. There would be a point if I had to hire someone to babysit.. Plus I don't let anyone but ppl I've known a while babysit

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

That would be nice if she agreed to. My family has been free babysitters for the last 2 years. I'm sooooo thankful for them
Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I would take the job.  However, I'm a working mama not a SAHM, so working will pretty much always be my default position, lol. 

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Bump!
michiganmom5150
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Do you have an education? What kind of work would you be doing? This makes a difference. If you could make big bucks, then do it, otherwise, I'd look for something you could do from home or with the kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN