Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i wanna be a SAHM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 352 Replies
I feel so bummed out seeing all these mothers around me in my family being stay at home moms. I wanna be one too! I miss my DS I cried on my way to work because over the weekend all the moms in my family were braggin about how they enjoy being able to be with their kids 24/7 and some that work part time and still get to be with them. I work full time and so does my DH and we only spend about 3 hours a night as a family we all get home at 7pm ish so there's not much time spent. Are there any jobs out there that are legit work from home jobs? Or I've been tempted to just open up my at home daycare to still spend time with my DS while make $ But I really don't know how that would work.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:53 PM

bump

drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I work graveyard - kinda like a stay at home mom but not really. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Bump..im a sahm and its friggin great
RocknRoll.Rose
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel the opposite. I will never be a SAHM even if I were to marry a millionare. I will NEVER depend on a man for anything because they are not trustworthy. I will work even if every dime I make goes to daycare. I will teach my daughter to do the same thing. I would go nuts in the house all day long anyway.

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

sunsetchick34
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
And i wanna work at least part time but cannot rite now. Grass is always greener on the other side lol
Heisenberg
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM
33 moms liked this

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

I feel the opposite. I will never be a SAHM even if I were to marry a millionare. I will NEVER depend on a man for anything because they are not trustworthy. I will work even if every dime I make goes to daycare. I will teach my daughter to do the same thing. I would go nuts in the house all day long anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I love being a SAHM. I was made for it.

I think my first marriage failed partly because I worked. Now my DH feels that it's up to him to provide financially and up to me to take care of our home and children and I couldn't be happier!
JC2223
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM
17 moms liked this

Just curious... If men are untrustworthy, why would you reproduce with one?

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Heisenberg
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM

That's how I felt when I went back to work. Eventually I opened an eBay store and stayed home but honestly I think trying to work from home can be even harder. In order to make decent money, you still have to put in the hours, sometimes even more hours than you would at another job. Trying to actually get work done and be a SAHM in my experience was awful. I ended up hiring a babysitter so I could work at home. I know others have better experiences, but for me being a work at home mom felt impossible. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM
9 moms liked this
That is so depressing.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)