Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Inked ladies - help!!

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 42 Replies
I have a small tattoo on my ankle I had done in November last year. Apart from rejecting the white ink it healed perfectly, no problems.
All of a sudden its swollen up with lumps in it, itchy. My whole ankle hasn't swelled, just the tat itself. Like I can trace it with my finger.
The skin isnt broken anywhere. Anyone else had this?? It's just solid black.

Update - Its mostly gone down now. I realised I'd been wearing a pair of socks that had been washed at my mums house, probably a reaction to her powder. I'll know not to panic if it happens again thanks guys :)
by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on May. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Bump
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on May. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Infection? I really dont know I havent had this ever happen to me.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on May. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

staph?

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

weird.
start treating it like it was new again, wash it with antibacterial soap a few times a day and buy some aquaphor and keep a thin layer on it for a week or so and see what happens.

I'd go talk to your artist about it and ask them if they know what it is before spending the dough to see a doctor. 

Alaskanmom907
by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Never had this on any of my tattoos before. Maybe you should call the tattoo artist or any random shop and ask if they would recommend seeing a dr. Because I've no idea what this is sorry.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on May. 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Eh?

Quoting zomgkerrie:

staph?

MissMissfit
by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Scarring occurs when tattooed. Scarring can become agitated due to things like sun exposure, sun burn, rough clothing, even stress. It should return to normal without any intervention. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Pics?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 4:40 PM
That sounds bad, don't mess around and go to the doctor. You'd rather pay a few hundred now than lost your foot, trust me.
Peytons_Mama09
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I don't know. I have that sometimes on my very first tattoo which is almost 10 years old. But that's the only one that happens too. It only lasts a day or two tho. But I have no answers. Sorry I was rambling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)