Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You can't get a job WHY?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
My ex husband is having to get a second job.

He recently got married and had a baby. I knew he was struggling so I reduced his child support.

Even though it was already at a low percentage compared to his income. I've never really depended on the child support, okay well maybe at one time I did, but for the past year I've been putting it in a savings account for DS.

I didn't feel right using the monthly checks because I'm now a SAHM and my new husband makes enough to pay our bills.

So I thought my ex way doing better. He paid off his car with his taxes and bought a new truck.

Now all of a sudden he has a second job. I told him to forget about child support completely if that meant he didn't have to get a second job. I'm worried taking on second job will mean DS won't get to see his dad as much.

My ex said that it wouldn't matter he would sill have to get a second job. His wife wants to move out of her parents house. My question is why the hell can't she get a job sonny ex can still have he weekends with our son?!?

What am I suppose to tell my son when he wants to know why he's going to his grandparents house instead of his Daddy's?

"Sorry son your step mother is too lazy to work so your daddy has to work two jobs."

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe your ex decided him getting a 2nd job so she is home with baby?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM
11 moms liked this
Their finances are none of your business. The issue of visitation is something your ex needs to discuss with his son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Whyd they even have a baby while living with her parents?
jojo_star
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

If she just had a baby, she may want to stay home. Childcare may cost more than than it would save. I can fully understand her wanting to move out of her parents home. While it's sad for your son, your ex does have a new family as well, and he can't make his choices based just on what is best for your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

You cant just reduce his child support. how did that happen?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I understand wanting to say home. I'm a stay at home mom, but there is no way I would make my husband work two jobs so I can stay home.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM
It's ok for your husband to support his family but not your ex? Double standard much?
2manydiapers
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM
4 moms liked this
She offered to cancel childsupport so he wouldnt need another job, so the child could still see his father.

His working two jobs affects their child, so his finances directly affect the child, making it her business.

Quoting Anonymous:

Their finances are none of your business. The issue of visitation is something your ex needs to discuss with his son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe HE wants her to stay home with their child. You have no business being involved in their finances.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Oh. Well when times were tight for us when we had our 1st child my exdh worked weekend at a gas station for diaper and formula money. It was what was best at the time. You shouldn't judge their situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand wanting to say home. I'm a stay at home mom, but there is no way I would make my husband work two jobs so I can stay home.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)