Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I'm a _______, ask me anything!"

Posted by   + Show Post

You've probably seen threads like this here on CafeMom (or on Reddit), where a member with a unique worldview or exprience offers to answer other members' questions about that aspect of her life.

Do you have a unique perspective that others would want to know more about? We'd love to share YOUR answers as part of a new feature on CafeMom!

The focus can be as broad or as narrow as you'd like - everything from raising a special-needs child to living in Alaska to being vegan or living a polyamorous lifestyle or anything else that might be interesting!.

(Also, if you'd prefer to remain anonymous while answering questions, that's totally fine, but you'll need to verify a few things before we post your thread.)

If you'd like to participate or want to learn more, please send me a message telling me what your perspective or experience is and whether you'd like to answer questions anonymously or under your own screenname.

Thanks!
-Amanda

by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Replies (281-283):
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Are these still being done? Are messages being relied to?

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

They can (as people have already been doing) and that's fine!

But if they go through me, the post will be featured, and members replying to it with their questions will know that we've taken steps to help ensure authenticity.

I hope that helps!

Quoting TTC2Long:

What would happen if someone made a post of this nature without going through you?

special.mama
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I messaged a long time ago and haven't gotten anything. I had a lot of different things then most people as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebugsmomma
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I guess your post just hit me funny...I'm a product of a mixed marriage. Moms white Dads Hispanic (legal) I'm fourth generation... My dad was a very big alcoholic but unlike u my mother knew...(he LOVED us until the day he died of alcohol abuse)I was 12 yrs old(Vietnam vet & a product of his mothers bad life conditioned my father into alcoholism.)
I'm saying there had to be signs and maybe u were to much in love to notice...I just hope you raise ur babies to embrace their heritage on both side regardless of how much of a douche ur ex is... Good luck too mama it's gonna b a long road for your kids just don't complicate it more by calling out their (illegal) father that u laid down with..

Quoting Erika-BR:

It started out great. We had a great relationship. We both wanted a big family. But about 5 years in I started noticing things changing. I found out he was an undercover alcoholic and drug addict. He would work out of town and come home weekends so he had a great way to hide it. We fought for 2 years about it but he wouldn't get help so I left. When I left he got worse. Now he works only to pay for his beer and drugs. He has no interest in our children, he doesn't even try to visit. It's not like I saw this coming. He was a great, loving father while we were together but after I left he either gave up or quit.

Quoting Junebugsmomma:

Why did you have so many kids if he is a deadbeat?

Quoting Erika-BR:

I'm a mom of 4 mexican american kids by a dead-beat illegal, ask me anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)