Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I'm a _______, ask me anything!"

Posted by   + Show Post

You've probably seen threads like this here on CafeMom (or on Reddit), where a member with a unique worldview or exprience offers to answer other members' questions about that aspect of her life.

Do you have a unique perspective that others would want to know more about? We'd love to share YOUR answers as part of a new feature on CafeMom!

The focus can be as broad or as narrow as you'd like - everything from raising a special-needs child to living in Alaska to being vegan or living a polyamorous lifestyle or anything else that might be interesting!.

(Also, if you'd prefer to remain anonymous while answering questions, that's totally fine, but you'll need to verify a few things before we post your thread.)

If you'd like to participate or want to learn more, please send me a message telling me what your perspective or experience is and whether you'd like to answer questions anonymously or under your own screenname.

Thanks!
-Amanda

by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
mattiehatter
by Mary on May. 14, 2013 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Well out of boredom I was going to do the I had a very unusual childhood.
Icial
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Im crazy and on heavy medication,ask me anything?

emmypaige
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Cool... I somewhat fall under two of the things you've listed, but I don't think either make me very interesting. I guess when it's your life it isn't so intriguing. lol I'll look forward to seeing the posts soon.
gcecelie
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

What! You are a ninja AND a mom! Impressive! :-)

Quoting TTC2Long:

I guess I'll have to rethink my, "I'm a pregnant ninja on PA! Ask me anything!" post. ;)

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

Oh, definitely not!  But this way, people will know that the person answering the questions has been vetted on some level.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Ah. I see! :) It sounded like those posts would be censored from now on. Glad that's not the case!

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

They can (as people have already been doing) and that's fine!

But if they go through me, the post will be featured, and members replying to it with their questions will know that we've taken steps to help ensure authenticity.

I hope that helps!

Quoting TTC2Long:

What would happen if someone made a post of this nature without going through you?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

redhead-bedhead
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I sent you a message:)

Though I forgot to add that I will answer all questions under my own SN.

baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I actually like the believable ones. Like the lady who grew up Amish. That was cool.

I'm not really that interesting either but like you, I can't wait to read the vetted ones ;-)

Quoting caito:

That's a super popular thing on reddit, like you said. I think a group (or subforum here? I dunno) dedicated to AMA would be really cool. You could vet potential AMA participants and threads would be made and people could ask and answer questions there. I dunno, it would just be an easily accesed, easily archived place to keep current and past AMAs. Just thinking out loud ;)

I'm not that interesting. But I can't wait to read verified posts!

baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
The most interesting thing I can think of is "I'm a cafemom member! Ask me anything!" Or "I have met moms here IRL, ask me anything!"

Lol
mickstinator
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Quoting heydooney:

I'm painfully awkward and terribly boring, ask me anything!

your avatar goes so perfectly with this reply. LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I am really debating on if I want to do one for those who have questions about children with albinism. I would want to stay anon though.
How does this work? Does it all stay on cafemom? I have never heard of Reddit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM
And what do you mean by having participants provide something verifiable? How do you verify anything over the net?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am really debating on if I want to do one for those who have questions about children with albinism. I would want to stay anon though.

How does this work? Does it all stay on cafemom? I have never heard of Reddit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN