Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear lady I encountered at Family Dollar

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 479 Replies
2 moms liked this

A very loud couple walk into the store as I'm checking out and about to leave. The CUTEST little girl comes prancing in after them, she couldn't have been any older then 3 years old. She sees me and with her cute beady little eyes she says to me, " HIiiii!! What's YOUR name? "

Naturally, I respond. My kids are much older and when I see younger kids my heart melts I was smiling ear to ear and I said Hiiii! Back...not even 2 seconds later her mom (well, pretty sure it was her mom) yanks her by the arm and gets down on her knees and tells the girl, " NOW, what did I JUSTTTT tell you about talking to strangers " ?!

She stands up and just looks at me like I did something wrong. Then continues on loud as day, rambling to this poor little girl, Now I told you, over and over, don't talk to them, I'm sure that lady is very nice but you just never know these days.

OOKAYY? Way to go making me feel like a douche for responding to your child. I get you were ' teaching ' her something but you could have waited until I left to make a SCENE about it. 

Geesh. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
17 moms liked this
That child's going to have issues...
crumpy_gat
by No. on May. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Sad :(
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Aww :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM
15 moms liked this

I would have been the same way. She may have issues with her daughter being overly friendly. Strangers should never, ever talk to other peoples children.

Mistycat95
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Ignore that person, they probably are a bunch of low life ghetto trash who don't know how to act like classy people

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM
11 moms liked this
The way she did that was very uncalled for. But i understand where she's coming from. My son Will be 3 in June and talks to everybody, like tries to have conversatiOns with them. I let him say hi but anything beyond that i stop him. Lol
texassahm
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM
17 moms liked this

Don't let it get to you.  The mom saw a teachable moment and pounced on it.  Nothing personal.

jojo_star
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Poor little girl :( 

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM
46 moms liked this

say whaaat? i think it's nice when people strike up a conversation in public.. kids, adults, whatever. it's ok to be friendly and social, sheesh.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have been the same way. She may have issues with her daughter being overly friendly. Strangers should never, ever talk to other peoples children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM
3 moms liked this

my 4 year old son, literally says HI to EVERYONE, when i was pregnant with his brother, everyone we saw was "my mom has a baby in her belly im going to be a big brother!!" i taught him that saying hello is fine but he needed to be careful, just because someone looks nice doesnt mean they are! its polite to smile and say hello when you cross someones path but there is no need to walk upto someone and be like "whats im im chad and i live at 3568 Ocean ave! " (not my sons name OR my address! i made it up!)  he was excited about a baby brother and wanted the world to know!. and when people see him being all cute and they compliment him, ITS RUDE for him to not say "thank you" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)