Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just signed my settlement offer!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

9 months ago, I was hit by a car in a parking lot. I needed physical therapy for about 3 months and still have some pain. I have $8000 in medical bills after my insurance company paid 80%. After months of the driver's insurance company dragging their feet, they  finally made an offer of $75,000. I am so excited. The lawyers will take 1/3 and I have to pay my medical bills  but I will still have $42,000 to walk away with!!! I will probably struggle with pain for a long time so it's not like the money is worth it but at least I have the money.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM
ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Well... That's nice
Anonymous
They took a huge chunk
Anonymous
Cool....
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Haha my dr has sent me 3 different settlements and I have to go listen to a 4th offer on Wednesday. Yeah no. Not settling this out of court and the judge has pretty much taken our side on everything since there was a signed agreement.
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I hope you take yourself to a nice spa to help relax the pain away with all that money. 8)

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM

That'll be really nice to make up for lost time at work and stuff! I agree with pp, treat yourself to a nice spay day to release some of the stress!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah but they handled all the paper work. Plus having a lawyer is the best way  to the the insurance company to take you seriously.

Quoting Anonymous:

They took a huge chunk

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

If you haven't yet, I'd go find a good chiropracter to help your body heal more.  And invest the rest in case you later need further surgery or therapy.

It feels wrong to says congrats here.  But I'm glad you weren't left high and dry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)