Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i thought it was cruel but it worked

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DS9months was afraid of the vacuum so dh took the hose and sucked his clothes. He thought it was funny and giggled the rest of the time vacuuming
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM
The vacuum never bothered me until my mother went after me with the hose. I still get the willies when I hear that noise like a hose sucking on pajamas if something gets tangled on sucked up by accident.
aurora.dove
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Omg lol, I shouldn't laugh at this but I admit it made me giggle a lot lol.

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

I was in Hobby Lobby with my MIL.  Kid was, ehh, nineteen months?  She tried to show him a light up Koosh ball and he flipped out.  I was all "Aww buddy, it's okay, look you can pet it! *I pet the Koosh and hold it out to him*.  He started screaming like I'd covered his arm in wasps.  Everyone turned round to see wtf the poor baby was screaming about.

Months and months later, MIL bought him a light up Koosh ball.  I am sure she meant no harm at all.  I, unthinkingly, tossed it to him in his carseat because he was loudly asking for a toy and we were driving down the highway.  It landed on him.  Yeah.  He flipped.  I wound up skidding into a dirt pull off area and ripping the Koosh off him and holding him while we both cried, lol.

Asshole Mother of the Year right here.  I lol now, at the time I was so mad at myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna share? Lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Um, unless it backfires, like it did with me, toddler DS, and an apparently terrifying Koosh ball.  -_-  I felt like an asshole.

aurora.dove
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:19 AM
I chased my DS around the room with it when he was about 18 months old, now he giggles every time he sees a vacuum and says "ohhh no! Robot get Jacen!"
kaybear123
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Lol I just tried imagining this happening to someone. 

CafeMom Tickers
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on May. 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
The difference is a spider is a logical and evolutionary fear. We, as humans, are *supposed* to be scared of spiders.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you were afraid of spiders and without your consent someone put one on you, would you say that's mean or cruel?

Quoting Anonymous:

My older brother used to do that to me when I was little, lol, to keep me from being afraid of the vacuum. I don't see the cruelty in it.

xsmommy12
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM
My son was the same way soon as I made the vacuum seemed funny. It became a game now every time I turn on the vacuum he starts running and waiting for me chase him with hose lmao
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:44 AM

me too lol. i feel horrible for laughing

Quoting aurora.dove:

Omg lol, I shouldn't laugh at this but I admit it made me giggle a lot lol.

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

I was in Hobby Lobby with my MIL.  Kid was, ehh, nineteen months?  She tried to show him a light up Koosh ball and he flipped out.  I was all "Aww buddy, it's okay, look you can pet it! *I pet the Koosh and hold it out to him*.  He started screaming like I'd covered his arm in wasps.  Everyone turned round to see wtf the poor baby was screaming about.

Months and months later, MIL bought him a light up Koosh ball.  I am sure she meant no harm at all.  I, unthinkingly, tossed it to him in his carseat because he was loudly asking for a toy and we were driving down the highway.  It landed on him.  Yeah.  He flipped.  I wound up skidding into a dirt pull off area and ripping the Koosh off him and holding him while we both cried, lol.

Asshole Mother of the Year right here.  I lol now, at the time I was so mad at myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna share? Lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Um, unless it backfires, like it did with me, toddler DS, and an apparently terrifying Koosh ball.  -_-  I felt like an asshole.

xLilBit22
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Awwwwwwww..... by the end i was cracking up. I just kept thinking poor baby lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna share? Lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

smurfbitebug
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM
4 moms liked this

whatever works. My little one is a bossy little thing so when she was afraid of the vacuum I knew if I let her do it but acted like I put a time limit on it she would stop being afraid and take over. All, "You can't put a time limit on this shit right here." lol worked like a charm.

She sucks at vacuuming.

rebecca_tal4
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM
One of my girls used to be afraid of the vacuum. we had all tile floors in our house, so we rarely used ours... I needed to vacuum my mom's living room and had forgotten.

That child screamed louder than the noise from the vacuum!! Lol! My mom came rushing in, and sort of scolded her for screaming at the top of her lungs, and that was the end of that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)