Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i thought it was cruel but it worked

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DS9months was afraid of the vacuum so dh took the hose and sucked his clothes. He thought it was funny and giggled the rest of the time vacuuming
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
bumblebee12
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I did the same thing with my son. He laughed at it for a while, then a week later he was back to hating it :/
FreelanceMommy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

lol I'm sorry, but that is the best "I scared the living shit out of my child" story I've ever heard haha!

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

I was in Hobby Lobby with my MIL.  Kid was, ehh, nineteen months?  She tried to show him a light up Koosh ball and he flipped out.  I was all "Aww buddy, it's okay, look you can pet it! *I pet the Koosh and hold it out to him*.  He started screaming like I'd covered his arm in wasps.  Everyone turned round to see wtf the poor baby was screaming about.

Months and months later, MIL bought him a light up Koosh ball.  I am sure she meant no harm at all.  I, unthinkingly, tossed it to him in his carseat because he was loudly asking for a toy and we were driving down the highway.  It landed on him.  Yeah.  He flipped.  I wound up skidding into a dirt pull off area and ripping the Koosh off him and holding him while we both cried, lol.

Asshole Mother of the Year right here.  I lol now, at the time I was so mad at myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna share? Lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Um, unless it backfires, like it did with me, toddler DS, and an apparently terrifying Koosh ball.  -_-  I felt like an asshole.

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:32 AM
:-)
mattiehatter
by Mary on May. 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM
My sister and my dad used to chase me through the house with those sticky hand things you get from the quarter machines at the grocery store.
wolfybaby
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM
my daughter has never been afraid of the vacuum..ive taken her to work with me since day one (i clean houses). Now, that time a frog got in the house and hopped onto her shoulder..that is the only thing shes ever spazzed out about. Sad, since i love frogs..
ilovecandy
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

the vacuum calms down my 3 month old. the other two run around like crazy people when i vacuum making the humming no0ise a vacuum makes. they are a bit crazy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 2:47 AM
My son hates the vaccum noise but I think it hurts his ears.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on May. 14, 2013 at 2:52 AM

My son was afraid of balloons when he was one. He kept crying every time he saw them at his first birthday party. So we took a couple of balloons and "bopped" him on the head with him...making it into a game. By the end of the night, he didn't want to stop playing with them and go to bed. Sometimes you have to make their fears into a game I guess. 

baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:48 AM
When ds was just shy of a year, he got a whoopie cushion at a birthday party. I thought he would love it! I blew it up and smashed it between my hands. He screamed bloody murder until I hid it. I though maybe I did it too fast, so I blew it up again and deflated it slower- yeah, still terrified him. I waited a couple months and tried again, no go. But this time I was like "honey! Come here! Watch this!" I still laughed :-/

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

I was in Hobby Lobby with my MIL.  Kid was, ehh, nineteen months?  She tried to show him a light up Koosh ball and he flipped out.  I was all "Aww buddy, it's okay, look you can pet it! *I pet the Koosh and hold it out to him*.  He started screaming like I'd covered his arm in wasps.  Everyone turned round to see wtf the poor baby was screaming about.

Months and months later, MIL bought him a light up Koosh ball.  I am sure she meant no harm at all.  I, unthinkingly, tossed it to him in his carseat because he was loudly asking for a toy and we were driving down the highway.  It landed on him.  Yeah.  He flipped.  I wound up skidding into a dirt pull off area and ripping the Koosh off him and holding him while we both cried, lol.

Asshole Mother of the Year right here.  I lol now, at the time I was so mad at myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna share? Lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Um, unless it backfires, like it did with me, toddler DS, and an apparently terrifying Koosh ball.  -_-  I felt like an asshole.

potgieter
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

thats funny!

dd is 1 and I have to put her in another room when I vacuum - but only because she LOOOVES it and tries to sit on it and ride it while I vacuum. She gives it kisses etc. 

The second it turns on she humms the noise and changes pitches as the vacuum sound changes- its hysterical. 

She loves the microwave too. the second she hears the buttons she rushes over and sits staring at it till its done. Weird child lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured