Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i thought it was cruel but it worked

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DS9months was afraid of the vacuum so dh took the hose and sucked his clothes. He thought it was funny and giggled the rest of the time vacuuming
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
pokemongirl0191
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:25 AM

my DD is afrid of it too she's 17 months. i have to wait untill she's asleep to do that here.

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM

My older two hated the vacuum. HATED it. DS1 would actually run away from me, crying, if I turned it on and didn't give him fair warning. lol. My youngest, though, LOVES it and will chase it around the living room. lol. Because the older two saw that he wasn't scared of it, maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all, and now they'll all come over and want me to suck up their hair or clothes or cheek or something. lol. It's funny.

Hopefully he'll remember that the next time you vacuum. :-)

lovelychaos13
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM

our bigger dog is afraid of the vacuum he runs the hell out of the room when he sees me bring it out, he doesnt bark at it, he gets scred and looks like hes gonna cry. lol glad your son isnt afraid anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM
You know the sound at the beginning of all the ice age movies?

Dd was scared of that.

One day fil had the TV volume way up trying out his new surround sound we got him for fathers day, and the movie we got him was made by that same company.

Sound blared thru the speakers.

Dd fell out the chair and crouched down screamed turns red and shit herself.

She was 3.

She's 12now and still covers her ears at that. She was traumatized.

:/
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
My son is scared of a flushing toliet. He will rum out fast before we flush it.

He's 7 and the flush still scares him. Lol
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Just as ds was getting used to mine... it fell over and scared him -_- *sigh..
BeAmour
by Tonya on May. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Bahahahahahahaha!

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

I was in Hobby Lobby with my MIL.  Kid was, ehh, nineteen months?  She tried to show him a light up Koosh ball and he flipped out.  I was all "Aww buddy, it's okay, look you can pet it! *I pet the Koosh and hold it out to him*.  He started screaming like I'd covered his arm in wasps.  Everyone turned round to see wtf the poor baby was screaming about.

Months and months later, MIL bought him a light up Koosh ball.  I am sure she meant no harm at all.  I, unthinkingly, tossed it to him in his carseat because he was loudly asking for a toy and we were driving down the highway.  It landed on him.  Yeah.  He flipped.  I wound up skidding into a dirt pull off area and ripping the Koosh off him and holding him while we both cried, lol.

Asshole Mother of the Year right here.  I lol now, at the time I was so mad at myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna share? Lol

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Um, unless it backfires, like it did with me, toddler DS, and an apparently terrifying Koosh ball.  -_-  I felt like an asshole.

BeAmour
by Tonya on May. 14, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I do that to my dog....it doesn't work well. I just end up with a little pee on the floor. Three times was my limit. Lol
roxiekittie
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM

LOL my son use to be afraid of sand, like he would refuse to walk on it

Quoting Anonymous:

My son is scared of a flushing toliet. He will rum out fast before we flush it.

He's 7 and the flush still scares him. Lol

CafeMom Tickers

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM

lol, I don't think it's cruel, he was just showing him there is nothing to be afraid of and that vacuuming can be fun :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured