Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Totally disgusted and here's why

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today I was at the gym and saw news on the gosnell trial. I am pro choice but I don't believe in late term abortions and quite frankly hearing about the atrocities that went on in gosnells clinic disgusted me. I mean most women know they are pregnant within the first couple of months so having an abortion when the baby is almost ready to survive on it's own is just wrong. I think women should not be allowed to abort past three months of being pregnant. I mean some of the aborted babies at gosnells clinic were born alive and then killed by cutting their spinal cords. Watching this just pissed me off. I am seriously considering advocating against abortion after witnessing that.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Replies (91-94):
bullemhead
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Everything he was doing was illegal. You do realize that right? This is not standard protocol for any clinics that perform abortion. That's why women were going there....to get procedures done that other law abiding doctors would not perform.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I have to confess, that i had gotten pregnant.  but my husband and i just had a baby and we were not financially stable to have another baby.  i was less than three months.  i did terminate my pregnancy.  sometimes you make hard decisions.  and i made one.  i couldnt take care of two little babies.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I don't understand what you are trying to say..who is making millions? Convincing dumb broads of what? I'm not even sure of you consider yourself Pl or PC..???

Quoting Anonymous:

I know propaganda to save babies and make millions off of these saved babies just like the abortion clinics. Millions on top of millions by convincing dumb broads that can't control their fertility. Nope not talking about raped victims or 6 year old pregnant girls like abortion propaganda goes on and on about. Maybe you know you are right. there are so many mistresses getting pregnant from other womens husbands that this is a good way to solve that problem

Quoting Anonymous:

What a misleading model... pl propaganda .

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a human baby! Period! Not salad not celery a baby that hasn't seen light. Off course you couldn't see anything in the ultrasound. It's an ultrasound. Unless the doc goes in your vag and carefully pulls your tiny baby out you won't be able to see what he/she looks like. You spew mombo jumbo left and right trying to sound smart but one thing you forget is LOGIC! Pure unadulterated LOGIC.12 WEEK OLD BABY NOT A MASS OF CELLS

Quoting jojo_star:

An abortion is a medical procedure, no matter what you believe. Right to life exsists for those you are already living, breathing, thinking people, and those capable of that. An embryo and fetus are not capable of that, they are not eqaul to the woman carrying them, and they do not and should not have personhood. I saw an ultrasound when I was 7 weeks, I aborted a week later. I know what it looked like and what it was. It did not effect my choice in any way. 

There are huge difference between the termination of an embryo, that can't think, feel, or sustain it's own life outside of the mother, and a viable baby that is capable of life outside of the womb. How is there anything more violent that the cold blooded murder of a living baby? And no, an embryo/early fetus is not a living baby. It has the potential to be, but it is not. 

Quoting MidwestMama55:

You are entitled to your own opinion. Actually, I respect your opinion and your right to have it even though I disagree with you.  That being said, I will never apologize for trying to defend the most innocent and helpless among us.  Ending life is not a "medical procedure".  Government exists to protect the rights of our citizens, including the right to life.  I too saw ultrasounds of my children before they were born.  At 12 weeks gestation I could see it was a little human being with a beating heart.  I suppose some ultrasound equipment is better than others.  I would also imagine ultrasound equipment in an abortion facility would be purposefully poor quailty. 

I'm glad folks were disgusted by this late term abortion "doctor".  They should be. However, the only difference between what he did and what other abortionists have done is the size of the baby.  In an earlier abortion, the ending of life is actually much more violent than what this man did.  Of course, we don't see it, therefore it doesn't exist for some.

Quoting jojo_star:

Because it is a ridiculous and invasive measure that the government has no right putting into place. It has nothing to do with 'seeing the living, real baby' (since most of the time you can't even identify anything, at least, I couldn't in my ultrasound, yes, I had one before I aborted and saw it). It's funny though, how hypocritical many conservatives are, smaller government, but lets have the government dictate what steps need to be taken to have a medical procedure done. 

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Why should a woman NOT have to see an ultrasound of what she's about to abort (end the life of)? Isn't accurate information better?  IMO the only reason "pro-choice" folks don't want the mom to see the ultrasound is because then she will see it is a living, real baby she is about to end the life of.

Quoting jojo_star:

Not a joke, reality. In some states, women have to wait 24-48 hours to have an abortion, after sitting through a ridiculous counseling session. In some, they have to see an ultrasound. Several states have only one abortion provider in the whole state. It is not easy to get a safe, legal, early abortion, and yes, they are forced into breaking the law and turning to people like Gosnell who will do the abortion. I do read PP stats, I'm a huge supporter PP. I also read the laws in other states and the access women have, and often don't have, to early abortion services. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What a joke! This reasoning is ridiculous. Women can't get early abortions so they are "forced" into late term abortions which are much harder to get.....read the planned parenthood stats. People are having no problems getting abortions despite the vocal pro life movement.

Quoting jojo_star:

Read Roe v Wade, abortions are illegal past 24 weeks without medical cause, and yes, read the stories of some of the women who went to Gosnell. They didn't have any other option. Early abortion services aren't nearly as easy to access, especially with the constant addition of ridiculous restrictions that the anti-choicers are pushing through. 

Quoting Anonymous:

THats a blatant lie. Late term abortions were LEGAL. It had nothing to do with lack of available early services.

Quoting jojo_star:

That isn't abortion though. That is murder. And people like him are only in need because safe, early abortions aren't as easy to get as the majority of people think. Abortions are illegal after 24 weeks or viability, unless there are severe medical reasons. Murder is murder. Abortion is not. You can't compare the two. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM
If these babies were born alive why weren't they saved? Wtf? Sickening.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)