Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NY, PA, NJ, and CT moms.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do any of you have holes in the dirt/grass in your yards at all? I have these holes all over my yard. 4 houses on my block have them as well. Are they the cicada bugs already? I didn't think the ground was warm enough for them to come out yet.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (61-70):
blueeyedpixie
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I'm in NJ. I've noticed a few holes but I thought it was the mining bees we get since I haven't heard the cicadas(idk if that's spelled right lol).
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Haven't seen any we're near the shore. I heard they were going to start hatching. I could definitely do without it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I live in a city. Is that normal? I never heard of voles, only mice.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

I think you have voles. Call an exterminator. 

two4one
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I remember seeing those holes the last time we had the cicadas, so yes, that's probably what they are. Be prepared to see their skins soon and then lots and lots of noise. I haven't seen them in my yeard yet, it's been pretty damn chilly. I'm on Long Island.

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
We are near the shore also. About 50 yards from ocean. We had over 4 feet of water from sandy. We had figured that cicadas would have died or something from all that water.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Haven't seen any we're near the shore. I heard they were going to start hatching. I could definitely do without it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Be prepared. I am in Brooklyn, not to far from LI.

Quoting two4one:

I remember seeing those holes the last time we had the cicadas, so yes, that's probably what they are. Be prepared to see their skins soon and then lots and lots of noise. I haven't seen them in my yeard yet, it's been pretty damn chilly. I'm on Long Island.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I would hope they would've died but apparently these things are indestructible lol. Ughhhh

Quoting Anonymous:

We are near the shore also. About 50 yards from ocean. We had over 4 feet of water from sandy. We had figured that cicadas would have died or something from all that water.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on May. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Yes! I noticed these in my front yard the other day and was wondering what was making all of these holes. Never thought about cicada, but that's totally possible! CT here
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM

yes you can get them in the city, call an exterminator

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in a city. Is that normal? I never heard of voles, only mice.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

I think you have voles. Call an exterminator. 

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I'm in the north west corner of CT. No holes in the ground. I'm dreading those fucking cicadas. I hate bugs! It's been VERY cold here the last 2 days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)