Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Exactly why I dont like to let my baby CIO

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 262 Replies
17 moms liked this

I just put my dd to bed. She's 8 months and I've never had a problem with her going to sleep. I've always kept toys out of her crib that way she knows that when I lay her down it's time for sleep. 9 times out of 10 she falls right to sleep after I lay her down.

Tonight I layed her down and after a minute or two she started crying. I didn't think too much about it (especially since it wasn't one of those frantic cries,) just thought maybe she was overly tired and was having a lil trouble falling straight to sleep. So I waited for about 2-3 minutes, and since she was still crying, decided to go and check on her.

When I walked in, she had completely wrapped herself in her blanket and was having trouble getting her head out. She was OK, just a bit frightened. I regret waiting that long to check on her....I can imagine how much worst I'd feel had I completely tuned her out and let her cry herself to sleep.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelRT
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM
17 moms liked this

I let my babies CIO but I also had a video monitor on them. 

LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM
5 moms liked this

:(  Glad you checked.  I used blankets, but they say not to use them until two years old.  8 months is a little young for a blanket.  Much too dangerous.  

I didn't let mine CIO because the one time I did by baby cried so hard he puked EVERYWHERE, like a weeks worth of food.  :( It was terrible and I felt like a horrible mom. 

gigis1
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM
6 moms liked this
I dont like to do it cause my dd would puke after 2mins of crying.. first and last time I tried that shit
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
7 moms liked this

I'm completely anti-cio.

But on that note, I'm sure you know that you aren't supposed to use blankets with infants... no bedding or toys but the fitted crib sheet :) Glad your little one was okay!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

loving_my2boys
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I had to do that with my sisters son.
They were letting him cry and I got worried so I checked on him and the thick blanket they wrapped him in was over his face, poor thing was burning up too.
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on May. 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM
14 moms liked this
I don't CIO because I find it disgusting. I don't care what others do but I cannot stomach it.

My son had a blanket from about 6 months but he was rocked to sleep so he didnt roll around.

You're about to get a lot shit about that blanket OP.
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM
9 moms liked this
I don't do it because i think it's freakin horrible but she may be too young still for a blanket. I put my baby in sleep sacks. They are great. So warm and cozy. You should try one! It gives me peace of mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't let my son CIO but he's 7 months old and still sleeps with the same stuffed moose and Winnie the Pooh blanket since he was 2 months old. He won't sleep without them.
ssocalgirl6
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I'm completely anti-cio.

But on that note, I'm sure you know that you aren't supposed to use blankets with infants... no bedding or toys but the fitted crib sheet :) Glad your little one was okay!

keriley1
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I check on mine every couple minutes, but I let her CIO for the most part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN