Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You ungrateful b****!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies
My mom has always had her favourite grandkid. She fawns on him like he is the only one she has. Its been this way since he was born because his mom is her favourite child. She has 6 grandkids, my DD being the only girl.

Now I love all my nephews the same. No I don't have any favourite.

Anyway, he stayed the weekend with my mom. He calls me up Friday night begging me for eye drops because his eye is bothering him. I told him I didn't have any and to call his parents. He had, and they didn't have any. I needed to go to town anyway, so I told him to get ready and I would be there in a bit to get him to take him for some drops.

I got there, and picked him up. His eye was VERY red. Me, DD and him went and got tthe drops, and I got a game for my ps3 ( I got the new dead island game! ). On our way to the registers, DD said she wanted to get something for her Nana for mother's day. I told her okay, and she picked out a really pretty gold cross necklace with tiny diamonds in it and earrings to match. I thought * well, she will love these and actually be proud of them. *

Every year I let DD pick out something for this woman, and every year DD always gets her heart broken because her Nana doesn't like her gift. DD has even asked this woman why she doesn't like her gifts, and why she isn't proud of them. She always says she does like them and doesn't wear them because she doesn't want to loose them. I, however , know for a fact that half the stuff DD has gotten her has been given away or sold!!! I refuse to tell DD because I know it will hurt her so badly, and I try to keep DD from wanting to get this woman anything, but DD gets so excited about giving her something that I can't say no.

Well, my nephew ( her favourite grandkid ) got her a really ugly just flat out godawful bracelet. I swear someone stole the real bracelet and put that travesty in its place! It was even missing some stones!

When I took DD to give her gift to her Nana, my nephew was still there. DD gave her the gift for her, and of course my * mom * made no fuss at all over the necklace and earrings. All she said was thank you. No facial expressions or anything.

My nephew, however, gave her the bracelet, and ladies you would have thought the kid had given her a million dollars the way she jumped up and hugged him! She was squealing and laughing, going on and on about how beautiful it is, and all sorts of other crap. DD was heartbroken because all she got for hers was a thank you. She didn't even give DD a hug!

I had had enough of her shit, and told DD to go get in the car. I told her that if she didn't want the damn necklace or earrings to give them back. What does she do? GIVES THEM BACK! I told her to never expect anything from us ever again. I left, while she was still hugging on my nephew and fawning over that godawful bracelet.

I've got a damn good mind to never bring DD around her again. This isn't the first time she's done stuff like this. She does it all the time. I've still got the necklace and earrings, and I'm going to sell them.

I don't understand how someone could.....can.....be like that. Ungrateful bitch. We will never get another thing for her ever! She will be lucky if she ever sees DD again.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:28 PM
9 moms liked this
I wouldn't allow her around my child.
MsCherry10
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Is she jealous of your relationship with your dd? Jealous of your parenting even? She's a total bitch I'm glad you took the jewelry back.

EAzizM
by Erica on May. 13, 2013 at 11:30 PM
She sounds like a peach. Shame on her for making her grandchild feel like her gift was worthless.
mrskandi
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

don't take your dd over to her house anymore cut all ties with her .That is just sad .I feel bad for your dd .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not. I've put my foot down and I refuse to let her continue to hurt my DD. She even asked me today when she got in from school if we could go trade the necklace and stuff for a bracelet and then maybe her nana would like it. I told her no, that I had sold them, and we were going to town so she could pick her out something she wanted. She said okay, and picked out some cute clothes and a couple toys.

Quoting WillsMOM72:

reava
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Your poor Dd :(
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this
She would never see me again either.

I don't play with my kid's feelings.

Quoting WillsMOM72:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mammii23
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Sorry Momma poor little girl...glad my Momma isn't like that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM
You got it! She's jealous because I'm actually there for my DD and she gave me away at birth to my nanny and aunt and dad. She never had anything to do with me and she's jealous of what I have with DD. She tries to turn DD against me all the time.

Quoting MsCherry10:

Is she jealous of your relationship with your dd? Jealous of your parenting even? She's a total bitch I'm glad you took the jewelry back.

emeraldangel20
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM

i'm so sorry hun =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)