Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you kick your DH out because he got a DUI? *UPDATE*

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 107 Replies

My BIL got a DUI on Saturday and got arrested. He spent 24 hours in jail and then was released. He only had a few nips, so he wasn't drunk, but he was buzzed. Anyways, he is currently bunking on our couch because his wife kicked him out. She said he got arrested on purpose so he didn't have to spend mothers day with her. Which is absurd. IDK if I understand her reasoning for kicking him out. I mean yes, I would be pissed if DH got a DUI, but I wouldn't throw away an 11 year marriage over it. Would you?

UPDATE

Ok, first, I'm not defending him. I think drinking and driving is the most ridiculous thing ever. But he made a mistake, he paid for it, lets move on. If he was a habitual offender, that's a whole other story, but this is not the case. 

UPDATE 2 

He went home today, thank God. I felt bad for him, but it was just such a sad situation. He had to bring over his dachsund, who while he was in jail, ended up with paralyzed back legs. My SIL claims she doesn't know what happened, that she just woke up and he was like that. I'm not so sure. I've seen her rage fits and it makes me wonder if she kicked the dog or threw something at him. But, anyways, the vet said he wasn't in any pain, he just couldn't feel anything from mid back down. He walked around dragging his back legs, and would randomly pee because he didn't know he had to go. It made me so sad. 

But they are home now, and hopefully everything works out. I hate divorces within the family. Both are seeking anger management and both are going to AA and couple counseling. I truly do wish them the best of luck.

by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue.chairs
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Hell no. Not unless dh was an alcoholic or a habitual drunk driver.

jacandjay
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Driving buzzed IS drunk driving..... and my dh would be sleeping on my couch for a while and prob not drinking for even longer
SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I would not kick him out over that. But I would be pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I would kick anyone out that I was seeing/married to for a DUI!  There is no excuse for it. 

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM

He's not, but she is a heavy drinker.

Quoting Anonymous:

BubbyAndShmee
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. If he's dumb enough to get behind the wheel rather than call me, even after only a drink or two, he obviously doesn't know very fucking well.
bonitalilmama
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM

No

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I wouldn't, but he's not my husband and my husband wouldn't drink and then drive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Then she is being a giant twat

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

He's not, but she is a heavy drinker.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN