Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dd and her friends got in trouble but now they want an apology?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Saturday night my 8 year old had a sleepover with her 2 best friends/ neighbors.

They slept at "Sarah's" house. Sarah's mom let the girls watch Austin powers.

Sunday they were found in the back yard dressed very inappropriatly and dancing very provocatively. They got in trouble and we agreed that they needed some time apart for a while.

Well my dd comes over today because Sarah and "Claire" are allowed to play again but dd still can't play with them. The reason? Sarah apogized to Claire's mom.

I'm guessing they're expecting my dd to apologize too but for what? She apologized to me but this doesn't concern Claire's mom. Sara's mom let them watch an adult movie--not me.

Dd is upset now so I guess I'm going to call the other moms tomorrow but I wouldn't if it wasn't for dd being upset! They are just being petty.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM

They're just kids. Get that stick out of your ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM
What stick?

I don't think dd has anything to apologize for.

Quoting Anonymous:

They're just kids. Get that stick out of your ass.

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

If the other mom let them watch it, she should be the one saying sorry. 

JJones02
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Claire's mom needs to do the apologizing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I would say Sarah and her mother owe you an apology, not the other way around. 

GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I don't understand. Why does your DD need to apologise? I wouldn't call them at all to be honest. I would sit DD down and explain that Sarah's mommy doesn't make very good choices and that she doesn't need to apologise - sarah's mommy needs to apologise and earn back mommy's trust before you can go and play with Sarah again. I would offer to DD that the girls can either come to our house or they can satisfy themselves with playing at school because I don't want my DD to be watching bad movies and making bad choices because of those movies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I understand why Sarah had to apologize to Claire's mom, but why does your daughter have to apologize?  Clarie's mom seems to be on a power trip.  If anyone is apologizing, it should be Sarah's mom for either bad judgement or lack of supervision.

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I see nothing wrong with your daughter making an attempt to apologize.

If the girl's all got in trouble for the same thing, then surely you can understand the need for an apology?

Plus it's a continued lesson in teaching her how to say she's sorry for something she shouldn't have been doing.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Huh, I let my kids watch Austin powers the only thing they got from it is saying "one million dollars!!!" And laughing like dr evil. Oh and sharks with lazer beams on their heads!!! My youngest is 5 and my oldest is 14.
ididntdoit111
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Wait. I don't get it. All 3 girls acted inappropriately right? So all 3 girls need to apologize to all 3 mom's , right? Or better yet Sarah's mom needs to apologize for letting 3(2 of which were not her own) 8 YO children watch Austin Powers. I love Austin but it's to sexual for that age group. Sarah's mom needs to contact parents before allowing kids to watch any movie with  a higher rating than E or G.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)