Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

auto care mommies!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Hi girls
I know squat about cars lol. I was hoping someone could help me by giving me an idea of how much a tune up cost? And what it consist of?
Thank you!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:27 AM

tune up.. fresh spark plugs and wires, fresh fuel filter, check belts and fluids. that's it right? i think so. cost depends on your vehicle, but i think ~300 max for most.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Thank you! I know I know crap about cars and it's written all over my face lol if it ok to call and ask for prices?

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

tune up.. fresh spark plugs and wires, fresh fuel filter, check belts and fluids. that's it right? i think so. cost depends on your vehicle, but i think ~300 max for most.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Bumping for more answers!
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM

yeah it's def ok to ask for prices. every place should be able to give you at least a rough estimate with no problem..

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! I know I know crap about cars and it's written all over my face lol if it ok to call and ask for prices?

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Thanks I would ask my fam these questions but they expect me to go to my brother in law and have him do it and I would if I KNEW he was going to be sober for the while job and not almost kill me like the last time he didn't tighten my lug nuts. On all 4 tires.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

yeah it's def ok to ask for prices. every place should be able to give you at least a rough estimate with no problem..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM
My DH car is usually 250ish and my SUV is around 300. So depending on your type of vehicle I'd say no more than 300.
BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:58 AM

No idea.  I do my own tune ups.  Spark plugs can go anywhere from $10 to $30 depending on the make of your car.  Fuel filter is again around $11 to $90 depending on which you want and the make of your car.  And a full set of spark plug wires can run you between $11 and $60.  So add in the amounts of those plus most places will charge you about $45 an hour for service.  It takes me about 2 hours to do it sometimes less.  If my car cooperates with me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM
U can call for prices but be prepared for another prics after car gets checked out. It may not need atune up, it maybe something else, maybe more maybe less.
Most shops arent out to ripp ppl off,but dont be surprised if shop finds other things wrong, its their job to let you k.ow, like brakes are gettin bad, not that you have to get it fixed now but nice to know what else is fixing to need replacing in near future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Ooh yea I get that but I've has the car for a little over a year and idk when it had a tune up before that lol. I also need someone to trillo me if there is anything else wrong

Quoting Anonymous:

U can call for prices but be prepared for another prics after car gets checked out. It may not need atune up, it maybe something else, maybe more maybe less.

Most shops arent out to ripp ppl off,but dont be surprised if shop finds other things wrong, its their job to let you k.ow, like brakes are gettin bad, not that you have to get it fixed now but nice to know what else is fixing to need replacing in near future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Lol I know me and there is no way in hell I could do my own! I would love to learn but is screw something up.

Quoting BridgeEbb:

No idea.  I do my own tune ups.  Spark plugs can go anywhere from $10 to $30 depending on the make of your car.  Fuel filter is again around $11 to $90 depending on which you want and the make of your car.  And a full set of spark plug wires can run you between $11 and $60.  So add in the amounts of those plus most places will charge you about $45 an hour for service.  It takes me about 2 hours to do it sometimes less.  If my car cooperates with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)