Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, your life does not compare to mine. *vent*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

Can I be the only one who gets really upset when friends compare their lives to mine?

I have a friend who has one child with the man she has been with for years. They just got engaged. Theyve lived together for years. They are paying off a house together. He's always held a job. Is involved with their child. He even wants her to quit working so she can stay at home with their child and have more kids. She has support family on both sides who dote on their child and watch him all the time so they can work. She doesnt even need daycare.

I had a conversation with her that started with " I'm so stressed. How do you do it. I have no idea how you deal with all this stress without just giving up on everything!" Excuse me?... reality check in 3.. 2.. 1..

I have 2 kids by guys who really dont care that much about being parents. One of them has never seen his child and he just turned 2. My youngest has just recentl;y started with horrible allergies that have caused me to spend 300+ each month on JUST his medical needs and I have at least 3 days out of the week I get phone calls to come get him from daycare because he is spiking fevers and my job refuses to let me take any days off work and I have NO BACK UP PLAN. My job is going to end up firing me and guess who doesnt have a second income? I'm a single mom. I worry about the bills, dinner, cleaning, shopping, picking the kids up. I dont get days off. I dont get 5 minutes to myself unless i step outside and lock the front door! I go days without showering because I have to pick inbetween showering and cleaning when the kids pass out. Grocery shopping usually involves two kids screaming while people stare and I try not to cry in public from frustration. My life is a never ending public service annoucement for birth control. I have taken on the responsiblity of myself, my two children, and the 2 idiots who got me knocked up. I cant work half as much as I need to because I have no one to watch my kids but daycare. If youre a single mom, you have some clue how stressful my daily life is.

I was so frustrated by her statement I just wanted to cry. My stress level does not compare to hers. The biggest stress she has is that she owes money but she's owed money for years and hasnt done anything about it. I'm struggling on the edge of paying rent every month with no light at the end of the tunnel. I just wish she could keep her little comments to herself. She has no idea how lucky she has it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof1_2013
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Sorry Momma! Here's a bump for you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 9:37 AM
5 moms liked this
I must have missed something because it sounds like she was acknowledging how stressful your life is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM
This. I didn't see any comparing....

Quoting Anonymous:

I must have missed something because it sounds like she was acknowledging how stressful your life is.
sstef126
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM
5 moms liked this

That is what I was thinking.   Sounds like you may be a little bitter because she has it better than you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM
11 moms liked this
??

So you're mad at her because she made better choices? Everyone has stresses, you just don't always see them from the outside. Get off the cross, someone else needs the wood.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Guess what? Even if you have a nice life you can still get stressed and frustrated. She's human. My life is pretty great with a wonderful husband, three sweet children, and the privilege of being a SAHM. There are still days I could just scream. And LOL at the two guys who knocked you up, like you had nothing to do with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

So no one but you is allowed to feel stress because in your eyes her problems are deemed less important than yours? 

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Could you have taken her statement the wrong way?

She may have been acknowledging how stressful your life is and giving you credit for the strength you need to have to deal. 

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish I knew who you were right now lol. Best reply I've seen all day.

Quoting Anonymous:

??

So you're mad at her because she made better choices? Everyone has stresses, you just don't always see them from the outside. Get off the cross, someone else needs the wood.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
She was trying to be understanding of your situation. Sounds like your trying to pick a fight or drop her as a friend for whatever reason. If she does decide to stay at home could she watch your child for you for a discounted rate?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)