Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Starbucks diaper change ends with call to police

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 1181 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

A couple changed their son's diaper in the seating area at Starbucks because there was no changing table in the bathroom. Their discission and confrontation with employees ended with the police being called. Do you think the parents did something wrong? Do you think restaurants should be required to have changing tables??

http://www.ksdk.com/news/world/article/380371/28/Starbucks-diaper-change-ends-with-call-to-police?sf12781216=1
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Donna on May. 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM
64 moms liked this

ive been in many bathrooms with no changer.i just put a blanket on floor of the bathroom.in the seating area?thats gross.people eating had to smell poop while eating?no.be prepared,not everywhere has the changers..

lalaballet
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM
17 moms liked this
I think it is ridiculous that they don't have one. We stop there a lot of long trips and have changed diapers in the car in winter.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
85 moms liked this

First, it's unsanitary. Just because an infants ass is smaller it doesn't mean that it should be changed in a cafe where there is food. Changing a child with out a table isn't rocket science. You sit on the toilet place the baby in your lap, and change it. Do I think its a police matter no, but would the police have been called if an adult had taken a dump or piss on the floor there in the open.... probably.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
45 moms liked this

I wouldn't have changed the baby in the seating area. Take them to the car, or lay a blanket/changing pad on the bathroom floor if it's cold out.

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
63 moms liked this

I think restaurants should be required to have change tables. They are inexpensive and you only really need one.

I do think it's rude to change a shitty or pissy diaper where everyone is eating/drinking. I would have taken my baby to the car to change his bum.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
14 moms liked this

I think changing a baby's diaper out in the seating area near other people and where food and drink is sold is outrageous and they should have known better. Go out to the car and change your baby. 

wymama610
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
104 moms liked this
Those parents are assholes. I wouldn't expect less from anyone who would name their child Thiago. LMAO

Starbucks is not a business that caters to kids, so they don't need changing tables. It is rude and inconsiderate to change your brat in the middle of a restaurant, and unsanitary to boot. Take it to the car if it needs a diaper change.

Who has their one year old out at a coffee shop at 10pm anyway? Assholes, that's who.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
36 moms liked this
I have changed my kids at the table before when there was no change table. I was in a booth. I wasn't about to change them on the washroom floor. That is nasty.

The funny thing is, the only time there hasnt been a change table is when we would stop at restaurants in the USA while driving to visit my family. 14 hour drive, we stopped at 3 different restaurants there and back, not one change table. I live in Canada btw if that wasn't obvious. Lol
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM
16 moms liked this
I change my kid in my stroller. There is no excuse to change a kid on a table at a restaurant. EVER.
vicki77433
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM
10 moms liked this

I would have gone out to my car and done the changing there.  I've done it before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)