Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you like to eat?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Do you eat for enjoyment or do you eat for nutrition? I hate eating. Its such a waste of time planning for food, buying ingredients, preparing food, then eating it. When I am pregnant I do take the time but other than that I eat maybe once a day cause its just a bother. It just baffles me how some people do nothing but eat and get the size of a house. Do they do it cause they like food or cause they are bored and have nothing else to do?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MayBeeIAm
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I love eating! But I eat healthy most of the time. I enjoy planning preparing etc. BUT I hate being rushed in the kitchen!
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I love eating but I don't let myself take too much joy in it because I have to watch what I eat.
faeryfrog
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I love food.I really really enjoy cooking,meal planning, grocery shopping and searching for new recipes. We eat very healthy and we don't eat 24/7, but I do love to eat.

I'm also a dietary cook :)
Radarma
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Just in the past five years I have devleloped an extreme love of food.

This is WHY I exercise, hike daily. Because i LOVE food, lol.

When I am scaling mountains I am not thinking about a nice firm ass, I am thinking about a nice juicy steak.

IamDB
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I love to eat! Haha. 

You got food issues. (So do the ones that "do nothing but eat," btw)

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I eat for nutrition but I do enjoy what I eat. I love to cook and bake.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I love eating. I also work out, hike, swim, run, walk daily so I'm not the 'size of a house'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I like eating. I especially like trying new flavors, textures, and such. Sometimes I do eat out of boredom or habit. But I eat for nutrition and happen to enjoy it too. I have to eat to live so I might as well enjoy it right?
I agree on one thing. It sometimes feels like a waste of time putting so much effort into eating. Especially cooking several meals a day and cleaning after each one. But when it tastes good and you feel well it's worth it to me. Maybe look for ways to make prep and planning a little quicker?
davnrori
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I love eating when I know the food that I'm putting into my body is doing something for me. Eating junk like cake, chips, icecream, candy makes me feel hungover and sluggish. When I am eating whole grains, veggies, fish, lean meats, etc. I feel energized and ready to take on whatever the day has to throw at me. I eat for both fuel and enjoyment. I don't know why people eat food that does nothing but taste good. Maybe they don't know they could feel differently if they ate differently?

mrsherron
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I love food and I love to cook, but I don't eat all day Lol. I won't lie and say I only cook healthy meals, my favorite meals are ones I grew up on, so down home country cooking. I don't cook them all the time and some I can do healthier versions of and I always have healthy sides to go with them. Not eating enough can be just as unhealthy as eating too much. Do you take supplements to ensure you get all the nutrients you need?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)