Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Embrace the randomness

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

I get so confused at how so many people beleive in mental illnesses and disorders until someone commits a horrible crime. I am not saying a dysfunctional brain is an excuse, but how can you believe dysfunction exists but only in those who are not criminals? Or do you just not care?

if you do not believe in mental disorders or illnesses state why.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ttriddick
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I believe there are mental disorders. I also believe you can have one and be a criminal. It does bother me a bit when people serve less of a sentence or only till stable in a hospital. I mean not to sound callous about it but it does cause me worry for everyone's safety once that person is back out. Does that make sense? I hope I don't come off sounding horrible. :(
Angel_Red7
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I agree! I do not think mental dysfunction is an excuse but it is there. We treat majority if not all criminals the same which is to just lock them up or kill them. Improvements are trying to be made. But I believe there needs to be more help offered.

Quoting ttriddick:

I believe there are mental disorders. I also believe you can have one and be a criminal. It does bother me a bit when people serve less of a sentence or only till stable in a hospital. I mean not to sound callous about it but it does cause me worry for everyone's safety once that person is back out. Does that make sense? I hope I don't come off sounding horrible. :(

Angel_Red7
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

No other opinions?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)