Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how much am i worth as a sahm?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

i am tryingto see what I save my family. we area family of 4. please answer some quick questions for me!

how much do you spend on non food items? things like cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, diapers for 2 little kids and personal care products a month. 

what value do you give to homework such as cleaning, laundry and cooking? IF you pay someone to do some of these services what do you pay them? 

no drama THANKS!

Let me explain more sense no one seems to get this! 

I JUST want to know what you send on shit that you buy that is non food related. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM

bump

-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I'd give you $20 a day.

-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

$21 if I can put it in your butt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM

My worth is that I am a good wife and mother. I take care of the home front in exchange for DH working his butt off. I do not understand putting a dollar sign and a happy, healthy home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM

just for fun. i try to save as much money as possible and i feel so out of the main steam loop that i cant even guess what i save anymore.  i love being a stay at home mom and being able to care for my family full time. i was at one point a working mom and it was a lot harder to juggle everything. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My worth is that I am a good wife and mother. I take care of the home front in exchange for DH working his butt off. I do not understand putting a dollar sign and a happy, healthy home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM

i think you missed the point. 

Quoting -_-:

I'd give you $20 a day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM

bump

-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

i think you missed the point. 

Quoting -_-:

I'd give you $20 a day.

No. Just cutting through the BS of listing my expenses for you. :)

MayBeeIAm
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Cleaning supplies...very little maybe 10$ a month.

Diapers? .... Zero

Personal care products....for the kids?....50 a month

I would pay someone 10$ per hour to clean and do laundry at the same time.

I would pay someone 20$ per dinner.

I don't want to be rude but it's not that hard and these are things that have to be done whether you work or not so you can't really say you save your family X amount because you don't work.

If you DID work you would have to either pay someone to watch your babies OR work opposite your dh.

So the way I see it is you would be extra valuable if you worked somewhere opposite your dh for like 20 hours a week.
chickow
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Well, if I were a working mom, I still wouldn't hire a cook or a maid. So I give those things no monetary value. You could look up the cost of daycare in your area to find out what you save on that. You would still buy the cleaning supplies, etc., if you were a working mom, so I'm not sure how that fits into the equation? You could add in what you save in other ways, like if you have a second vehicle or not, how much you would spend on fuel to get to work, buying nice work clothes, etc.

I have 4 kids and my oldest is in Kindergarten. Daycare would be outrageous. We went five years without a second vehicle, I have a home phone so my cell phone is cheap, we live in a small plain house, I iron my husband's clothes (he used to do dry cleaning), I buy in bulk and shop sales and cook a lot, my kids wore cheap diapers during the day and Huggiest at night, I try not to waste water/electricity/gas so the utilities are reasonable, etc.

Being a SAHM is not so much about the money; it's about doing what works best for your family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN