Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teens and tampons

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 130 Replies

would you let your 13 year old use tampons?

My 13 year old started her first period over the weekend and she  talking about using tampons because she is bleeding a lot, went through a pack of pads in 1 day.  she also told me she don't like the feeling because it feels like she is peeing herself.

would you let her use tampons and if you have a teen daughter what age did you or did you consider letting her use tampons?

Thanks

edit:

I want to make it clear that i do NOT THINK it will take her virginity; I am not an idiot.  I asked this question to see how other mom felt about letting their daughter use tampon.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outtamymynd
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I let mine use them when she asked for them. *she was 13
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melbornj
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I would, I can't stand pads.
FreelanceMommy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Yes. When I was 9 I started and I was a very heavy bleeder so I used tampons and pads together. Start with the junior ones and move up to regular when she's ready so it doesn't hurt her or get uncomfortable. She will probably need pads too till she learns how long it usually is before she needs to change her tampon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Absolutely.  I hate pads myself.  It feels so much 'cleaner' when you wear a tampon than wearing a pad, IMO.

I'm not worried about her 'losing her virignity' or something stupid because she uses a tampon.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Yes! Why not? My DD has always had the option of tampons or pads. Her choice of pads! In the summer if she is at the pool or the beach tampons!

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Mine started using them around 13.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I would. I don't like sitting around in a nasty pad. Why should I expect her too.

And a whole pack if pads in one day? If its really from bleeding to heavily I'd make a dr appointment. That's not cool. If it because she changed them so frequently then yea, get the girl done tampons! Or a diva cup.
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Certainly would. They make junior ones for that reason.
momto3B
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Of course, why not?

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

My oldest DD was 13 when she started. She used pads for her first period and it has been tampons for almost two years now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured