Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not sure this will go over well, but my mom really needs help, so here's a shot

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 172 Replies

She's pretty much fighting for her life right now and not getting help from anywhere. She doesn't know where else to turn. Her medications add up to almost 30,000 PER MONTH, and those are just the ones to keep her alive.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/8Vec3?psid=52b3e1c95c0845c6a96be5b0af0a2c5a

I'm not looking for a debate, I'm just looking for help for my mom who cannot afford her medications that she needs to keep her alive.

2 meds she is on are Revatio and Ventavis, and for whatever reason, the doctor ordered they have to be the name brands.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM

211 is an awesome resource that you can call in the US (assuming you're in the US). They have access to resources in your area that might be able to help you.

EvilAsh
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

She's looked all over for any kind of help and until she owes X amount of money toward bills, she can't get any, which has been the consensus so far.

It just bugs the crap out of me how she's going through this and the state helps anyone else out who has never worked a day in their lives, or just doesn't want to work and keeps popping kids out. It's so messed up.

Quoting lnrmom:

211 is an awesome resource that you can call in the US (assuming you're in the US). They have access to resources in your area that might be able to help you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Once upon a hero you can try that site out as well. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

She's looked all over for any kind of help and until she owes X amount of money toward bills, she can't get any, which has been the consensus so far.

It just bugs the crap out of me how she's going through this and the state helps anyone else out who has never worked a day in their lives, or just doesn't want to work and keeps popping kids out. It's so messed up.

Quoting lnrmom:

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, whole heartedly. But call 211. They know of resources you don't. Also check with the social workers at the hospital, they probably know of something. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

Quoting lnrmom:

EvilAsh
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM

BUMP!

Lilred57
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Bump!
SavdNSanctified
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Bump
FishPhood
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

If she is on disability then why is she not covered by medicare?

EvilAsh
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM

That doesn't automatically mean she'll be covered by medicaid or medicare. It doesn't work that way. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If she is on disability then why is she not covered by medicare?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)