Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The entitlement shown on this site amazes me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
12 moms liked this

This is a spin off of the Starbucks thread.

The number of people who posted that changing tables should be REQUIRED in establishments is mind blowing. Businesses should not be forced to make your life a little easier. 

Changing tables in businesses were few and far between 18 years ago when I had my oldest son. And you know what...I changed his diapers just fine without one. Use your lap or their stroller when you are out in public.

Also, as a small business owner, I can tell you from personal experience that changing tables are a HUGE liability. I had them in my restrooms but got them removed because of babies falling off of them.

I cannot tell you how many parents have left their babies unattended and/or not strapped down to answer a call, send a text, or looking for something in a diaper bag only to have their baby roll off of the table and onto the floor. Luckily, the 2 times I was sued, I won because the parents didn't follow the posted instructions. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucydiamond
by LD on May. 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Mew.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on May. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

When I had my kids there were no public changing tables and Iwouldn't have used them anyway. Nasty! I had a changing pad that came with my diaper bag and I'd use that on the floor or on my lap when they were really small.

wumbo
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Agreed. Neeext!
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I have never put my kid on a changing table... I get the feeling they're gonna fall off the wall :-/
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Agreed
nurbabe82
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I agree

kattu
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting wumbo:

Agreed. Neeext!
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You clearly havenet encountered the PA crowd. That's entitlement.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Agreed. I never use changing tables when they're available for that exact reason - I'm afraid that my baby will either roll off the side or the table itself will give out and drop her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN