Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

working out

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
How many of you ladies work out? Do u perfer to work out alone or with a workout buddy?

I love working out with at least one,person. It helps with motivation I think and its not as boring. I need some friends.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WandaSue
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM

i work out 4 times a week...i like being with a buddy. definitely makes it more fun :)

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I workout 5-6 days per week. I'm a solo kinda girl. I'm a runner, but I also pull weights and take classes. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

bcoll
by Brandi on May. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM

It's mood dependent. I love to meet my best friend at the gym or walk with my husband. My daughters an I use a walk and jog video. My two older sons are runners like their dad and I. Those are all enjoyable. But sometimes I really just want to be alone and lost in my own time and thoughts.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

i prefer to workout alone because usually the other person just slows me down or wants to talk than to work out and I find it distracting.  I like to get in, get it done and get out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I go with Dh but not in a buddy kind of way. We do our own things and check in periodically to see how it's going.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I walk (sometimes). I used to do Tae Bo all the time but I'm just tired all of the time now. And nauseous. Meh. In time I'll get back to it. 

I prefer a walking buddy but Tae Bo alone please.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 3:27 AM
I walk about 3 miles a day 4 times a week. I would run, but I don't like it. I usually go alone. If I take anyone with me they can't keep up! It's not the most strenuous workout, but it keeps me from getting fat! And there are hills, so I break a sweat.
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 15, 2013 at 3:28 AM
I work out 5-6 days a week. I prefer going with a friend, but 99% of the time I go alone. Oh well, it's a nice getaway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on May. 15, 2013 at 3:32 AM
I prefer to workout alone, occasionally i'll team up with the hubby but that's about it. It's hard to find American wives on base who actually want to/like working out. I notice they don't want to work out until they're 60+ pounds overweight and bikini season is a month away. I like working out alone because I can listen to my music without interruption and go as hard as I want to without having to worry about a buddy who is having a hard time keeping up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I go for runs usually twice a week either alone or with my dog. I walk almost daily with the dog, and I also workout in other ways like weights, yoga, other exercises, etc whenever I have time and feel like it. Usually twice a week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)