Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is It Just Me Or Does Anyone Else Get Tired Of The

Posted by   + Show Post

Posts that call other women fat and or ugly?

by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Replies (21-28):
DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Nicoleb9:

But you're upset enough to make a post about it and clearly stated that you're getting tired of it. In their minds, that's a success. And if you're not even on this list of people they're talking about anyway, knowing it upset you means they definitely hit a nerve with their targets, or at least in their minds. They're enjoying this. They set out to get a reaction and they get it every single time.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

To be honest, I'm sure a number of them would enjoy it. They want you to engage them. If any of them are reading this post, they're probably enjoying your upset and knowing they've ruffled your feathers.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

This is a group of women. It's what women do whether it's right or wrong.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Either learn to love it, learn to ignore it or leave MC because those posts aren't going anywhere.

I know that, but I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of people just because they are bigger than me.

I think they just like to make themselves feel better. We all have something that we don't like about ourselves. I wonder how they would feel if we started talking about what's wrong with them. I don't think they would like it.

Actually it's not me they are bothering. If anything I'm too thin. I just really feel sorry for the people that get put down. When my son got married, he really thin like me and his wife is really big. It was her, that showed me that being bigger isn't always their fault. She doesn't eat much more than I do and she is big. I just hate it when people get their feelings hurt, just because someone wants to be mean.

I'll just start ignoring them then. Thank you for telling me.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL don't we all look the same in the dark?

p608319chef
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree i have people that are all weights and i don't think it is right to be rude to people just to be hateful
DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

yes every woman is beautiful in her own way and some are prettier on the inside than the beautiful ones. which makes the others more beautiful than the shallow ones.

I agree. I would very much want to be beautiful on the inside instead of the outside. As a matter of fact, I never thought I was on the outside, but I know that I have a good heart, and that makes me beautiful on the inside. Outside beauty goes away, but inside beauty stays forever.

momofpreemieboy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I was bpretty on the outside when I was younger according to everyone that knows me I'm beautiful. I think that the ones put down are prettier. I always had over weight friends always will they are beautiful inside and out. I'm over weight by 15 pounds for my height and build. I'm a size ten at 5' 2". with medium build.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

yes every woman is beautiful in her own way and some are prettier on the inside than the beautiful ones. which makes the others more beautiful than the shallow ones.

I agree. I would very much want to be beautiful on the inside instead of the outside. As a matter of fact, I never thought I was on the outside, but I know that I have a good heart, and that makes me beautiful on the inside. Outside beauty goes away, but inside beauty stays forever.

BoredMom32
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I didnt see those but anything that is about abortion, gay/lesbian issues, racial, breastfeeding, or carseats, I don't bother to open.  I just don't care anymore.

DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

I was bpretty on the outside when I was younger according to everyone that knows me I'm beautiful. I think that the ones put down are prettier. I always had over weight friends always will they are beautiful inside and out. I'm over weight by 15 pounds for my height and build. I'm a size ten at 5' 2". with medium build.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

I'm 5'2 too. Years ago I weighed 136 and that was big for me. All of a sudden I started losing weight like crazy and went down to 82 pounds. I got scared and my husband said my stomach was sunken in. All of a sudden I slowly started gaining again and then losing again. I thought something was terribly wrong. I still don't know what happened. I still go up and down. I know people that are bigger but they are beautiful. Some can't even help the weight they are. The last thing I ever want to be is shallow. I hope they are having their fun making other people feel so bad about themselves.

DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Quoting BoredMom32:

I didnt see those but anything that is about abortion, gay/lesbian issues, racial, breastfeeding, or carseats, I don't bother to open.  I just don't care anymore.

I don't like those posts either. I also hate the posts that make fun of people that are bigger and not as pretty as people think they should be. Those people don't use the words bigger and not as pretty either. They use mean words. I guess I just get tired of seeing mean posts. We all have something about us, that we don't like. Maybe we can bash those people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN