Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is It Just Me Or Does Anyone Else Get Tired Of The

Posted by   + Show Post

Posts that call other women fat and or ugly?

by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah, some people have low self esteem and if they can find a concrete reason to feel better than someone else than they will.  Their partner may not love them enough, they may not be successful enough, they may not have enough money, or be as clever as others, so they find some reason to bash someone else.  If it's not their physical appearance, then it's some other superficial thing that has nothing to do with the value of the human being.  

VannaMae307
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

exactly this! it turns into a total bash fest against both sides!

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

I get tired of that because it's wrong, and it leads to people in turn insulting the skinny minis.

bcoll
by Brandi on May. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I generally avoid outright negative posts.

DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Quoting Nicoleb9:

This is a group of women. It's what women do whether it's right or wrong.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Either learn to love it, learn to ignore it or leave MC because those posts aren't going anywhere.

I know that, but I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of people just because they are bigger than me.

I think they just like to make themselves feel better. We all have something that we don't like about ourselves. I wonder how they would feel if we started talking about what's wrong with them. I don't think they would like it.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. It really angers me when women are constantly cutting other women down. It's incredibly sad.
DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Quoting 3JuJu3:

Ah, some people have low self esteem and if they can find a concrete reason to feel better than someone else than they will.  Their partner may not love them enough, they may not be successful enough, they may not have enough money, or be as clever as others, so they find some reason to bash someone else.  If it's not their physical appearance, then it's some other superficial thing that has nothing to do with the value of the human being.  

I agree with you 100%

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
To be honest, I'm sure a number of them would enjoy it. They want you to engage them. If any of them are reading this post, they're probably enjoying your upset and knowing they've ruffled your feathers.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Either learn to love it, learn to ignore it or leave MC because those posts aren't going anywhere.

I know that, but I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of people just because they are bigger than me.

I think they just like to make themselves feel better. We all have something that we don't like about ourselves. I wonder how they would feel if we started talking about what's wrong with them. I don't think they would like it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Quoting Nicoleb9:

To be honest, I'm sure a number of them would enjoy it. They want you to engage them. If any of them are reading this post, they're probably enjoying your upset and knowing they've ruffled your feathers.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Actually it's not me they are bothering. If anything I'm too thin. I just really feel sorry for the people that get put down. When my son got married, he really thin like me and his wife is really big. It was her, that showed me that being bigger isn't always their fault. She doesn't eat much more than I do and she is big. I just hate it when people get their feelings hurt, just because someone wants to be mean.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
But you're upset enough to make a post about it and clearly stated that you're getting tired of it. In their minds, that's a success. And if you're not even on this list of people they're talking about anyway, knowing it upset you means they definitely hit a nerve with their targets, or at least in their minds. They're enjoying this. They set out to get a reaction and they get it every single time.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Actually it's not me they are bothering. If anything I'm too thin. I just really feel sorry for the people that get put down. When my son got married, he really thin like me and his wife is really big. It was her, that showed me that being bigger isn't always their fault. She doesn't eat much more than I do and she is big. I just hate it when people get their feelings hurt, just because someone wants to be mean.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofpreemieboy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

yes every woman is beautiful in her own way and some are prettier on the inside than the beautiful ones. which makes the others more beautiful than the shallow ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)