Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Home Invaders

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

Where do you live and what type of critters/bugs are often found trespassing in your home? I live in KS and have mainly had problems with ants. Another home I lived in there were crickets living in the walls. Annoyed the heck out of me.

I'm especially interested to hear from anyone living in TX. We are planning to move there but I've heard about geckos and scorpions in people's homes and that scares me....especially since scorpions are nocturnal. I'd hate for one of my kids to get stung by one while asleep or something.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 9:55 PM

BUMP!

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I'm in AR and I'm having an issue with GIANT spiders. Df needs to spray inside tomorrow
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Oh gosh...I hate spiders. Especially BIG spiders. I hope you get that taken care of soon. GL

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

I'm in AR and I'm having an issue with GIANT spiders. Df needs to spray inside tomorrow

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM

BUMP!

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Thanks. I've killed 2 myself... I screamed both times. Df has killed 3 and bil got 1 last night. I hate the boonies lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh gosh...I hate spiders. Especially BIG spiders. I hope you get that taken care of soon. GL

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Icial
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Im in Mass and spiders are my mortal scary enemy...

So.Ill.Mama
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM

We're in southern illinois, so probably pretty much the same as you. Nothing crazy like scorpions or anything, for sure! lol

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Spiders and camel crickets.  

FreelanceMommy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Texas... we have had ants, spiders and wood roaches (giant motherfuckers that come in when its really hot outside and scare the crap out of my DD). The spiders are the worst imo but these ants we have here are no joke either; they bite hard and it hurts for a couple of days after. 

We just treat every 3 months around the outside of our apartment and around the window and door frames and it keeps them away... except the giant wood roaches, they sneak in anytime it gets above 98 degrees outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)