Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever had anyone do something so crazy to you and/or your kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I'm sitting out on my front porch yesterday while my girls, 12 and 13, are tossing a ball back and forth in the yard. It's a beautiful day, sun's shining, nice breeze blowing, etc. Suddenly, a man slams on his brakes and backs up his truck. I'm watching because it's curious behavior, and my girls stop tossing the ball and come closer to the porch, moving away from the road because it's more than a little creepy. The guy gets out of his truck and comes over and tells them, while I'm sitting RIGHT THERE, that they shouldn't be throwing a ball in the yard. That someone could get hurt. Then he SNATCHES THE BALL OUT OF MY 12yo's HAND!!

I say, "Excuse me, but that's my daughter's ball and you're trespassing in my yard. Please give the ball back and leave or I'll call the cops."

He laughs and says, "Go right ahead. They'll be on my side for your little tramps acting like that in public." Then he takes the ball and throws it over the roof of my house into the backyard.

UH, WTF?? They're now tramps and you get to take their ball away because they're throwing the ball in the front yard?

I think someone was sipping the crazy juice yesterday.

Have you ever had anyone do something so crazy to you and/or your kids?

[ETA: I did call the cops and gave them his plates and a complete description.]

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
21 moms liked this

I swear this stuff only ever happens on cafemom

mandy18192
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Uhh no, but he sounds like a wack job..

lucydiamond
by LD on May. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Dafuq?
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
So what did you do?
Pink.Frosting
I know I sound like a scrooge, but I'm so ready for Christmas to be over this year. Our poor tree is haggard looking from being attacked by cats. I just want it *down* and to have my living room back to *normal.* Bah Humbug...
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I agree with the crazy juice theory.  I would have tried to at least get his license plate and report it.

Schauseil
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this
No, but I would have called the cops anyway and described the guy to him. If someone is mentally disturbed enough to assualt a child (and yes, physically taking anything out of their hands is assault) then its possible he could eventually hurt someone.
ttriddick
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM
5 moms liked this
I'd be calling someone for bail money. I know that I shouldn't but I wouldn't be able to stop myself from dropping him for real.
tardistraveller
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you got the license plate and reported him, if you didn't I question the truth of the story...

Talliana
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I would call the cops and report it, hope you got the license plate and description written down. I say this because he called your little girls tramps and maybe he sees them not as kids but as sexual objects and there maybe a chance he comes back to your house so I would make sure the poice knows about the situation.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN