Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hate when people say everything happens for a reason.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
2 moms liked this

Really?  So what is the reasoning behind my DH becoming addicted to drugs and splitting our family up?  Why should my children have to go through seeing their father like that.  They want their "daddy" back and I want my husband back, not this guy who picks his drugs over his family.  This has been off an on for almost 2 years now.  The kids and I are moving in with my parents, leaving our home of almost 6 years, full of memories because my stupid husband can't stay clean like he promised. 

I wanted better for my kids, but I can't give them all that on my own.  I feel helpless, depressed, angry and broken all at the same time.  I'm sad that my kids won't have their father around, angry at him for doing this to us and I feel that nothing I say even matters to him.  Doesn't he see how hurt we are.  My son is 5 and needs is daddy in his life, my daughter is 2.5 and needs her daddy.  I need my husband and best friend back.  I feel so empty.  I know I have to do this for myself and for our children, they don't need this.  I just don't want them to hate me for leaving him.  I've left before and he got clean and we moved back in and he was clean 6 months and relapsed bad this time.

I've tried and tried and given him chance after chance and still he chooses drugs over his family.  I don't want anyone to ever think that I don't love him because I left.  I love him so much it hurts doing this.  I've tried so much to keep our family together and our marriage from ending, but I can't keep living like this and wondering if he's going to come home or not.  Are we going to be able to pay our bills and put food on the table?  I just cry every day.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Ya I'd like to punch them in the face for saying shit like that....

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM

he didn't choose the drugs, he is an addict

I'm sorry for what you are going through

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Agree. BM is a meth addict and shes been using for 12 years. She has 3 kids from all different dads and has nothing to do with any of the kids.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

he didn't choose the drugs, he is an addict

I'm sorry for what you are going through

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

My ex-husband became a drug addict and I left him.  Leaving him saved my life.  He ended up dying of AIDs 10 years later.  Do yourself and your children a favor and leave him alone.

LucyHarper
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM
8 moms liked this

Everything does happen for a reason, that doesn't mean its always going to be pleasant and you're going to see that reason right away, sometimes its hard to see the forest through the trees. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

well, it does

.  Go and make a better life for your children with out their druged out daddy because that shit can't be good for them.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I always say it sure does. Sometimes the reason is bad shit just happens and sometimes people make shitty choices. There is not always a magical rainbow at the end of a struggle.
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I hate it too. Sometimes unreasonable things happen. I don't know why people try to make sense out of every single thing. Sometimes things don't make sense, and sometimes things hurt with no good outcome.

But I'm also the kind of person that forgives, forgets, and moves on to better things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by Babushka Blockparty on May. 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this

OMG I hate when people say that, only because they don't mean it that way.

Of course everything happens for a reason. There are reasons behind everything in that there is always a cause. A natural cause. There's not some supernatural shit driving natural phenomena.

slightlyperfect

Devious333
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think everything happens for a reason...sometimes shit just happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured